Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on April 14, 2010
I am a huge fan of the Mrs Murphy mysteries; this is why I pre-ordered the book so I could have it asap. After having finished the book, I'm left disappointed. This is I think her shortest Mrs Murphy book so already it wasn't a good sign. Then there were repetitions. For instance, the narrator mentions low pressure systems makes Harry sleepy at least twice; it wasn't necessary. The narration is a problem in this book, it takes a much bigger place this time around. The narrator complains about taxes, stresses the importance of saving electricity (a lot), but what I've been missing is the interaction between the characters I came to love so much. It's Aunt Tally 100th birthday but not much dialogue is given to Big Mim and Little Mim. I fear Ms. Brown is experiencing some boredom or fatigue with her Mrs Murphy series. I just hope it's temporary and next book will be better.
on July 22, 2010
Every year I wait for the newest cat book by Rita Mae Brown so I can slack off in a comfortable chair and disappear from reality--long may she live! But I have to say I agree with the last reviewer--this was not her best, and the major reason for this was that the repartee was not as witty and engaging as usual. However, we will give her a pass--we all have ups and downs, and her series will remain a favorite of mine for light, fluff type reading. So carry on, Rita Mae; drink strong coffee, reach out for inspiration and proceed! Greetings from Johanna, author of Graffiti On My Soul (perhaps my book will give you the jolt you need).
on April 4, 2011
I bought this book because I hadn't read a Mrs. Murphy mystery in quite a while. I will never buy another one. This book is about a woman celebrating her 100th birthday. In truth, it was nothing by a diatribe on the sad state of our society and it was surely written by a 100 year old, crotchety, cantankerous old lady.