march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 14, 2012
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. After that I thought the story line became too complicated and lost direction. I had hoped that A Dance with Dragons would tie everything together - but no , it wandered on like a soap opera and ended up with "cliff hangers" and unanswered questions. JRRT brought his epic to a conclusion , which was appreciated by readers everywhere . Nevertheless I shall probably read the next episode - if I live long enough.
on July 24, 2013
George Martin is undoubtedly a genius; but I have no idea what he has in mind for the series. Pivotal characters are either maimed or killed off or face bleak futures. I skipped several pages while reading and it felt like a chore. I was frustrated once I finished reading and the way the book ended infuriated me. I knew it might turn out this way, but i felt compelled to buy and read it.
on June 13, 2014
I enjoyed the story telling and the action in the novel. I enjoy Tyrion's character, very, very funny and Jon. I hope he is okay in the next book. What I disliked was that it took so long to go from from character to the next as there were so many different sub plots. Some characters also just seemed to go by the wayside and it was not explained what happened to them.
on May 14, 2013
Again a really good book from George R.R. Martin in this excellent sequel despite the story is really slow in this one (again).
I am starting to believe the sequel will never end as the story diverges more and more without never converging towards an end.
Or Martin is really skilled hiding his clues.... or the last two books will be huge volumes!!!
on March 3, 2014
Haven't read this 5th book yet but I'm sure it will be hard to put down once I get to it!
Just want to note to others that this is not the same size as the mass market paperback ones... this one is much larger and doesn't match my box set :( Minor detail though it also means that it's much more annoying to read this book on the go.
on March 13, 2012
Going to make this Short....

I was totally disappointed in this latest book of the series. Too slow, long "nothing happening" periods throughout, not sure if the author can salvage the story. I'd rate the previous books a 4.5 and with this one I'm being generous with a 2.

It was an interesting twist to see some key characters killed off in previous books, but you don't have to do it over and over. Eventually you're going to kill off all the characters that are interesting.
on June 15, 2014
Mr. Martin is a story teller and can create strong characters, but overall this book felt like he was stretching out the story with lots of filler, without bring the reader any closer to resolution with the many plots that were left in the area. I was quite disappointed after having really enjoyed the first three books.
on January 4, 2014
Ok, I just finished A Dance with Dragons, the last dance for me. I expected more, frankly. I expected a lot of loose ends to be tied up, and voila, new characters and more loose ends at the finish. Overall, the series was entertaining, but there was too little grain and too much chaff. Don't have the time or the energy to tackle Winds of Winter, so don't rush to finish it on my account George - - - just take your sweet time.
on July 4, 2013
Hated book 4 and thought Martin had written himself into a corner with it. It took much of book 5 to sort out book 4's mess. With the delay in publishing I had lost so many threads and often couldn't remember who characters were. I hope book 6 redeems everything. Please publish fairly quickly. Please.
on May 9, 2013
In Canada this paperback edition has been pushed back again and again and now the release date is suppossed to be October 2013. Well enough of that. I found this and for the same price I would pay at the book store. With only some slight bending when it arrived it's still the best way to beat the system.