4.0 out of 5 stars "This is no game we're playing for your amusement."
It has been SIX LONG YEARS since George R.R. Martin last released a book in his Song Of Ice And Fire Sequence. That's a pretty long wait.

So was "A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five" worth the wait? Well... yes and no. It returns to much-beloved characters like Tyrion, Bran and Daenarys and slowly moves us toward the complex, treacherous...
Published on July 12 2011 by E. A Solinas

2.0 out of 5 stars All Build Up and No Release
Six Years.

I waited six years for progress and answers and all I got was more cliff hangers.

Because George knows the only way we will wait another 6 years is if he resolves as little as possible.

When I neared the end of the book I had such high hopes. So many threads were converging, it would clearly end in an amazing climax...
Published on July 16 2011 by Christopher H

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Why oh why, July 24 2013
This review is from: A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (Hardcover)
George Martin is undoubtedly a genius; but I have no idea what he has in mind for the series. Pivotal characters are either maimed or killed off or face bleak futures. I skipped several pages while reading and it felt like a chore. I was frustrated once I finished reading and the way the book ended infuriated me. I knew it might turn out this way, but i felt compelled to buy and read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars really good read, June 13 2014
I enjoyed the story telling and the action in the novel. I enjoy Tyrion's character, very, very funny and Jon. I hope he is okay in the next book. What I disliked was that it took so long to go from from character to the next as there were so many different sub plots. Some characters also just seemed to go by the wayside and it was not explained what happened to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, looking forward for the next, May 14 2013
Again a really good book from George R.R. Martin in this excellent sequel despite the story is really slow in this one (again).
I am starting to believe the sequel will never end as the story diverges more and more without never converging towards an end.
Or Martin is really skilled hiding his clues.... or the last two books will be huge volumes!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Note: Not the mass market paperback size..., March 3 2014
jsc (edmonton, ab) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Haven't read this 5th book yet but I'm sure it will be hard to put down once I get to it!
Just want to note to others that this is not the same size as the mass market paperback ones... this one is much larger and doesn't match my box set :( Minor detail though it also means that it's much more annoying to read this book on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book was tremendous. I just don't understand that ..., May 17 2015
The book was tremendous. I just don't understand that if you can buy the series of seven, why is book #6&7 not sold separately? I have read all five books that were out but now have to wait until they are released. The story line is so complicated with so many people that it would make it very difficult to get back into character mode.

2.0 out of 5 stars Forced my way through, March 13 2012
Going to make this Short....

I was totally disappointed in this latest book of the series. Too slow, long "nothing happening" periods throughout, not sure if the author can salvage the story. I'd rate the previous books a 4.5 and with this one I'm being generous with a 2.

It was an interesting twist to see some key characters killed off in previous books, but you don't have to do it over and over. Eventually you're going to kill off all the characters that are interesting.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Read, June 15 2014
Mr. Martin is a story teller and can create strong characters, but overall this book felt like he was stretching out the story with lots of filler, without bring the reader any closer to resolution with the many plots that were left in the area. I was quite disappointed after having really enjoyed the first three books.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Last Dance, Jan. 4 2014
Ok, I just finished A Dance with Dragons, the last dance for me. I expected more, frankly. I expected a lot of loose ends to be tied up, and voila, new characters and more loose ends at the finish. Overall, the series was entertaining, but there was too little grain and too much chaff. Don't have the time or the energy to tackle Winds of Winter, so don't rush to finish it on my account George - - - just take your sweet time.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Long Wait not Quite Satisfied, July 4 2013
Hated book 4 and thought Martin had written himself into a corner with it. It took much of book 5 to sort out book 4's mess. With the delay in publishing I had lost so many threads and often couldn't remember who characters were. I hope book 6 redeems everything. Please publish fairly quickly. Please.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a steal!, May 9 2013
In Canada this paperback edition has been pushed back again and again and now the release date is suppossed to be October 2013. Well enough of that. I found this and for the same price I would pay at the book store. With only some slight bending when it arrived it's still the best way to beat the system.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five
A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - July 12 2011)
CDN$ 38.00 CDN$ 23.83