4.0 out of 5 stars "This is no game we're playing for your amusement."
It has been SIX LONG YEARS since George R.R. Martin last released a book in his Song Of Ice And Fire Sequence. That's a pretty long wait.

So was "A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five" worth the wait? Well... yes and no. It returns to much-beloved characters like Tyrion, Bran and Daenarys and slowly moves us toward the complex, treacherous...
Published on July 12 2011 by EA Solinas

2.0 out of 5 stars Five is not alive
Before reading the latest instalment in this series, I consulted many of the online reviews and was decidedly apprehensive as I started Dance with Dragons. Now that I have finished it, I have to agree with the negative reviews, at least in general terms. Some have claimed that Martin has lost the thread of his series, which I find preposterous since that presumes he has...
Published on June 19 2013 by jlhooker8

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Easily the worst book in the series!, Dec 8 2011
Phillip Whelan (Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (Hardcover)
6 years for a book that does nothing but advance the plot far enough to add cliff hangers for the next book, which probably won't be released until 2018. Enough talk about what they eat, what the fashion choice of the local nobles is and for love of all that's good I don't care where whores go!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 14 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. After that I thought the story line became too complicated and lost direction. I had hoped that A Dance with Dragons would tie everything together - but no , it wandered on like a soap opera and ended up with "cliff hangers" and unanswered questions. JRRT brought his epic to a conclusion , which was appreciated by readers everywhere . Nevertheless I shall probably read the next episode - if I live long enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why oh why, July 24 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
George Martin is undoubtedly a genius; but I have no idea what he has in mind for the series. Pivotal characters are either maimed or killed off or face bleak futures. I skipped several pages while reading and it felt like a chore. I was frustrated once I finished reading and the way the book ended infuriated me. I knew it might turn out this way, but i felt compelled to buy and read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars really good read, June 13 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I enjoyed the story telling and the action in the novel. I enjoy Tyrion's character, very, very funny and Jon. I hope he is okay in the next book. What I disliked was that it took so long to go from from character to the next as there were so many different sub plots. Some characters also just seemed to go by the wayside and it was not explained what happened to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, looking forward for the next, May 14 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Again a really good book from George R.R. Martin in this excellent sequel despite the story is really slow in this one (again).
I am starting to believe the sequel will never end as the story diverges more and more without never converging towards an end.
Or Martin is really skilled hiding his clues.... or the last two books will be huge volumes!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Note: Not the mass market paperback size..., March 3 2014
jsc (edmonton, ab) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Haven't read this 5th book yet but I'm sure it will be hard to put down once I get to it!
Just want to note to others that this is not the same size as the mass market paperback ones... this one is much larger and doesn't match my box set :( Minor detail though it also means that it's much more annoying to read this book on the go.

2.0 out of 5 stars Forced my way through, March 13 2012
Going to make this Short....

I was totally disappointed in this latest book of the series. Too slow, long "nothing happening" periods throughout, not sure if the author can salvage the story. I'd rate the previous books a 4.5 and with this one I'm being generous with a 2.

It was an interesting twist to see some key characters killed off in previous books, but you don't have to do it over and over. Eventually you're going to kill off all the characters that are interesting.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Read, June 15 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Mr. Martin is a story teller and can create strong characters, but overall this book felt like he was stretching out the story with lots of filler, without bring the reader any closer to resolution with the many plots that were left in the area. I was quite disappointed after having really enjoyed the first three books.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Last Dance, Jan. 4 2014
Ok, I just finished A Dance with Dragons, the last dance for me. I expected more, frankly. I expected a lot of loose ends to be tied up, and voila, new characters and more loose ends at the finish. Overall, the series was entertaining, but there was too little grain and too much chaff. Don't have the time or the energy to tackle Winds of Winter, so don't rush to finish it on my account George - - - just take your sweet time.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Long Wait not Quite Satisfied, July 4 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Hated book 4 and thought Martin had written himself into a corner with it. It took much of book 5 to sort out book 4's mess. With the delay in publishing I had lost so many threads and often couldn't remember who characters were. I hope book 6 redeems everything. Please publish fairly quickly. Please.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five
A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - July 12 2011)
CDN$ 38.00 CDN$ 24.54