5.0 out of 5 stars This is the story I've been waiting for my entire life. (ASOIAF as a whole)
-----
Quick Review (TL;DR)
These books are great. Expansive well described settings and extremely complex and detailed characters. You'll find yourself loving character you hated in a previous books and feeling compassion for psychopathic torturers.
Nothing happens the way you think it'll happen and no one you want to live lives. Everyone dies except for...
Published 1 month ago by Andres Consumer

2.0 out of 5 stars All Build Up and No Release
Six Years.

I waited six years for progress and answers and all I got was more cliff hangers.

Because George knows the only way we will wait another 6 years is if he resolves as little as possible.

When I neared the end of the book I had such high hopes. So many threads were converging, it would clearly end in an amazing climax...
Published on July 16 2011 by Christopher H

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 14 2012
This review is from: A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. After that I thought the story line became too complicated and lost direction. I had hoped that A Dance with Dragons would tie everything together - but no , it wandered on like a soap opera and ended up with "cliff hangers" and unanswered questions. JRRT brought his epic to a conclusion , which was appreciated by readers everywhere . Nevertheless I shall probably read the next episode - if I live long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it. Masterful storytelling, Aug. 18 2014
Come on, who doesn't watch the TV series and read this book and go, I don't like it. Masterful storytelling, (I'm sure others can provide better reviews on this book). In general, if you liked the TV show, you will like this too. Lots of details that could not fit on TV are on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the books hate the TV show, July 8 2014
What can I say. Love the books hate the TV show, to much changes for my taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, July 1 2014
I am absolutely hooked on this series. I can't waIt to find out what will happen in the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fine, June 25 2014
As usual just the BEST!

G r e a t b o o k g r e a t n o v e l

3.0 out of 5 stars All Stories have an Arc, June 24 2014
ATC123 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I really like the Game of Thrones series (both the books and the TV series), however that said, this is one book too many and realistically it should have been stopped after the first three books. I am reminded of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (Ill Earth Trilogy) that morphed from a trilogy into something that seemed never to end - a good idea carried too far. The Fringe was great because it began with a clear arc and it finished before the series was exhausted. In this book, I almost get the sense that R.R. Martin knows that he has a cash cow and he wants to milk it a bit more. The book is reasonable but at some point there has to be an end and it should have been before this book. So overall not bad, but we did not need it.

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointing, June 22 2014
after reading the previous 4 books I was disappointed in the ending.the book was hard to follow and many of the main characters in the previous books were lost to me

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Read, June 15 2014
Mr. Martin is a story teller and can create strong characters, but overall this book felt like he was stretching out the story with lots of filler, without bring the reader any closer to resolution with the many plots that were left in the area. I was quite disappointed after having really enjoyed the first three books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 14 2014
Waiting for the next one already. It is a must in your collection. Don't hesitate to buy it. Great deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars really good read, June 13 2014
I enjoyed the story telling and the action in the novel. I enjoy Tyrion's character, very, very funny and Jon. I hope he is okay in the next book. What I disliked was that it took so long to go from from character to the next as there were so many different sub plots. Some characters also just seemed to go by the wayside and it was not explained what happened to them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five
A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five by George R.R. Martin (Hardcover - July 12 2011)
CDN$ 38.00 CDN$ 23.83