4.0 out of 5 stars "This is no game we're playing for your amusement."
It has been SIX LONG YEARS since George R.R. Martin last released a book in his Song Of Ice And Fire Sequence. That's a pretty long wait.

So was "A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five" worth the wait? Well... yes and no. It returns to much-beloved characters like Tyrion, Bran and Daenarys and slowly moves us toward the complex, treacherous...
Published on July 12 2011 by E. A Solinas

2.0 out of 5 stars Forced my way through
Going to make this Short....

I was totally disappointed in this latest book of the series. Too slow, long "nothing happening" periods throughout, not sure if the author can salvage the story. I'd rate the previous books a 4.5 and with this one I'm being generous with a 2.

It was an interesting twist to see some key characters killed off in previous...
Published on March 13 2012 by Ginoa

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 14 2012
This review is from: A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. After that I thought the story line became too complicated and lost direction. I had hoped that A Dance with Dragons would tie everything together - but no , it wandered on like a soap opera and ended up with "cliff hangers" and unanswered questions. JRRT brought his epic to a conclusion , which was appreciated by readers everywhere . Nevertheless I shall probably read the next episode - if I live long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the books hate the TV show, July 8 2014
What can I say. Love the books hate the TV show, to much changes for my taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, July 1 2014
I am absolutely hooked on this series. I can't waIt to find out what will happen in the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fine, June 25 2014
As usual just the BEST!

G r e a t b o o k g r e a t n o v e l

3.0 out of 5 stars All Stories have an Arc, June 24 2014
ATC123 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I really like the Game of Thrones series (both the books and the TV series), however that said, this is one book too many and realistically it should have been stopped after the first three books. I am reminded of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (Ill Earth Trilogy) that morphed from a trilogy into something that seemed never to end - a good idea carried too far. The Fringe was great because it began with a clear arc and it finished before the series was exhausted. In this book, I almost get the sense that R.R. Martin knows that he has a cash cow and he wants to milk it a bit more. The book is reasonable but at some point there has to be an end and it should have been before this book. So overall not bad, but we did not need it.

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointing, June 22 2014
after reading the previous 4 books I was disappointed in the ending.the book was hard to follow and many of the main characters in the previous books were lost to me

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Read, June 15 2014
Mr. Martin is a story teller and can create strong characters, but overall this book felt like he was stretching out the story with lots of filler, without bring the reader any closer to resolution with the many plots that were left in the area. I was quite disappointed after having really enjoyed the first three books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 14 2014
Waiting for the next one already. It is a must in your collection. Don't hesitate to buy it. Great deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars really good read, June 13 2014
I enjoyed the story telling and the action in the novel. I enjoy Tyrion's character, very, very funny and Jon. I hope he is okay in the next book. What I disliked was that it took so long to go from from character to the next as there were so many different sub plots. Some characters also just seemed to go by the wayside and it was not explained what happened to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but leaves too much hanging, May 19 2014
Great book and wonderful series, always manages to keep you guessing even when you think you might know what will be coming next. Though I do love the books it can be frustrating at times the way sequences of events are left unresolved especially with such long gaps between books.

If you get started on this series be prepared to be one of the legion of "FINISH THE BOOKS GEORGE!!!" bandwaggoners....

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five
A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five by George R.R. Martin (Hardcover - July 12 2011)
CDN$ 38.00 CDN$ 23.83