summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 22, 2001
I loved this series. After the first book, I couldn't wait to read the next... and the next... and so on. I devoured all 8 in less than a month. Each book chronicles the lives of various members of the Davis Family, beginning with young Marty, a recent widow, who marries Clark Davis to take care of his young daughter. They live on the plains in the 1800s, and times aren't easy, but community support helps their little town to thrive. And Marty, deep in grief over the loss of her first husband (and carrying his child!), soon finds that love can happen at the most unexpected times. Each book in this series is great. Don't be upset by the fact that the second book claims to have Missy (Clark's daughter) all grown up. That happens eventually, but there will be plenty more children to read about, along with marriages and adventures. This series is a real treat.
on April 25, 2004
I read the first edition of Janette Oke's series (Love Comes Softly)not long after it came out. I think there was probably two in the series when I first started reading the series. Love Comes Softly is wonderful. I loved it and all the remaining books in the series. As I was reading the series I couldn't wait until the next one came out.
Clark and Marty find love in a very difficult situation. I love the part about the biscuts, chicken and the disapointment Marty felt when her Christmas was taken by the snowstorm.
This is a wonderful read. I've loaned my books out to numerous friends and family, so that they can enjoy the story too. I think it would make a wonderful movie (I heard that Michael Landon Jr. may produce a movie from this series OH! I hope it is true).
on July 11, 2003
Marty is a young pioneer woman, recently widowed and pregnant with no place to live and no means to go home. Clark Davis asks her to be his wife of "convenience" since he needs a caretaker for his young daughter, Missie, and Marty needs food and shelter. Not at all interested, but desperately in need, she accepts. This first book explains the first 6-8 months of this strange marriage. Marty is determined to pull her weight and do her time until Spring when Clark has agreed to pay her way home. The book is wholesome, funny, suspense filled and holds the reader's interest from cover to cover. After watching a recent movie made from this book, I am reading the series for the third time and would still recommend it to others.
on November 15, 1999
Janette Oke writes a beautiful Christian series about families...the good times and not so good times. I got the series 3 years ago when I was 15. I've reread it many many times! Mrs. Oke does a beautiful job of writing not only a Christian novel, but a realistic series. She pulls you right into the books by using language of the times, and wonderful descriptive language. They are so easy to get in to, and so hard to put down. I laughed, I worried, and I cried along with the other characters. So sit back, relax, and enjoy living with Marty and Clark Davis. You won't regret it.
on December 17, 2002
I started reading the "Love Comes Softly" series when I was 15 years old. Now 24, I can say that I love these books more than ever. As I've grow up, there are more and more ways for me to identify with characters in the series. Many reviewers have said that Janette Oke portrays real life with all the joy and pain. Well said! The collection is a wonderful gift to give a young teenager as example of what to expect with Christian romantic love and will be treasured for many years.
on May 21, 2003
Marty and her new husband are moving west, when disaster strikes. Marty is forced to marry a man she scarcely knows (Clark), who has just lost his wife. The deal is, he takes care of her, if she takes care of his baby daughter. The book tells about Marty's new life, and how she gets through it. In the end, Clark and she fall in love, a perfect ending. I absolutely loved this book. I read it last summer, and was sorry to put it down for good! I would definately reccommend it!!
on February 13, 2000
The book is excellent and the beginning of a wonderful series. I was given this book by a friend and realised that there was a complete series and was totally 'hooked' on the books. The storyline is wonderful and shows God in action in the everyday lives of the characters. The events and situations the characters find themselves in and the way God works in their lives was a real challenge to me. Would recommend other titles by Janette Oke too - a wonderful lady.
on December 5, 1999
LOVE COMES SOFTLY is one of the best books I have ever read. It is a story you could read over and over again. It is a heartfelt story that you will laugh and cry along with. The characters are written is such great detail you will feel that they are your lifelong friends. This is a smashing book that I would recomend to anyone I know or don't know.
on June 23, 1999
I absolutely loved this series. If you are interested in a good, Christian, Romance series, you will definitely enjoy this one! I have read and reread this series many times and enjoy it just as much as the first time. You can't go wrong with this one!
on April 13, 2003
I could not put this book down. I finished the book in a day. The story was so well developed. The book is so popular that the Hallmark channel made a movie of it. It will be airing on April 13th.