5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
This book has so much info in it it will blow your mind, Great especialy the part on rencarnation.
Published on July 14 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for a beginner, but not very complete for adv. readers
This book takes you back into the time of the Greeks. Although not very acurate or complete with characters, this book would be nice beginner for a person who is just beginning to study Greek and/or Greek Mythlogy. It may be an average book, but it was a little lenghty, too drawn out with commical things and over use of commical things. I was bored with the last few...
Published on Oct. 22 1997

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 14 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars The Groovy Greeks, April 30 2001
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
Groovy Greeks, a fun, educational and groovy book! Groovy Greeks is illustrated by Martin Brown and written by Terry Deary. the book is about the Groovy Greeks and the cool things that they did. The Groovy Greeks is one of the best books I have read!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Groovy Greeks, April 30 2001
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
Groovy Greeks, a fun, educational and groovy book! Groovy Greeks is illustrated by Martin Brown and written by Terry Deary. the book is about the Groovy Greeks and the cool things that they did. The Groovy Greeks is one of the best books i have read!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, March 8 2001
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
You have no idea how much I love this book! I got it at a book fair in elementary school, and it was my absolute favorite! But when we moved, it got lost, and I had given up looking for it. Now, I was looking for something and happened upon it...I bought it right away and, even though I am not in elementary any more, it is still a really great book. I think anyone who wants to learn about greek anything should start with this book which makes the facts fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, Sept. 3 2000
Cassie Alvey (Adelaide, South Australia Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
My name is Cassie and I live in australia. I have read every horrible histories book I can get my hands on and this is deffinently one of the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars groovical!, Aug. 22 2000
"bruzi" (NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
This book was so good. All the other history books I've read are really boring, and usually I'm not interested in the Ancient Greeks. I've got this book and my favourite part was the seige of Troy! Terry Deary is one of my favourite authors and he and Martin Brown make the best history books ever! It's really funny and easy to understand. The Ancient Gods of Greece were really "gruesome gods"! This book made me want to learn more about the Groovy Greeks. So I was very happy when we were learning about it at school. I was pleased to say that I knew lots of this stuff because I had read it all in the Groovy Greeks. I lent my book to My teacher and she really liked it too. I don't know who wouldn't! Well, I would recommend it to anyone! I want to read more Horrible Histories now!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2,000 years in the making, and it was groovy!, March 4 2000
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
This book tells you many things about the greeks! Now i relly want to buy the other books in the seris.......... The Angry Aztecs The Awesome Egypitains THe Blitzed Brits The cut-thoat Celts The First World War The Gorgeous Geogians The Rotten Romans The Savage Stone Age The Slimy Stuarts The Smashing Saxons The Terrible Tuders Even MORE Terrible Tuders The Vicous Vikings The Vile Victoriens The Woefull Second World War
I hope all of these are as good as these books! It makes historey fun( History was always my favorite subject)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just hilarious!, Dec 10 1999
Clemens (Klagenfurt, Austria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
That book is one of the funniest and most interesting history books - not only for children - I have ever seen. The text is interesting and really hilarious as well as the illustrations! P.S.: I am sure that you'll learn more about the 'groovy' Greeks by reading this book than listening to any teacher in school! cj/at

5.0 out of 5 stars wish all my history lessons were as funny, Sept. 30 1999
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
the absolutely hysterical illustrations caught my eye at first(martin brown- I'm a huge fan now!) . then I started reading it and I was hooked by the great style in which it introduces the basic history. humorless people that expect a serious historical textbook need not bother- this hilarious series just gives you an outline of the period. I also recommend the "terrible tudors". I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!, April 6 1999
This review is from: Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks (Paperback)
I learned many intersting facts about the Ancient Greeks. I especially liked the comics. I loved reading it!

Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks
Horrible Hist.: Groovy Greeks by Terry Deary (Paperback - March 1 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01