5.0 out of 5 stars Parent's best friend for a long trip, Nov. 8 2001
Emilia Palaveeva "ema-in-seattle" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
This book is as exciting for kids as it is for parents. I bought our first I Spy book for a long (17 hrs) plane flight with my 3.5 year old and it really did the job of entertaining him enough. Without it the trip could have been a nightmare. I recommend it to anyone who needs to keep a child entertained and occupied for a longer period of time.
Each page is a picture if multiple little objects. Under the picture there are several riddles, and kids can spend quite a lot of time looking for the objects. But parents can make addititional riddles--so many objects are hidden or not obvious. And they can have fun too.
The artwork is beautiful and sharp. While older kids can learn to be more observant, younger ones can enhance their vocabulary by learning the name of the objects (with an adult's help , of course).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book in good condition, Oct. 3 2013
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
I got what was advertised--can't ask more than that! Came relatively quickly too. A bit advanced for my kids but we'll keep it for later on.

5.0 out of 5 stars my book is called ispy zenith. iam josh durand, Dec 22 1998
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
iam a fan of ispy. iam 11 years old my name is josh durand i love ispy becouse when i look at the books or inside rather i see a world called zenith. and it's wierd how i have that feeling that i am in the book becouse i've been trying to contact walter wick for quite aome time now. and i love his books but i have and idea for a new ispy book called ispy zenith. the first two pages of the feature is called zenith. and the next two are candyland. and the next two are ......... anyway i thought the ispy, books were tremendeous even though iam to old but i wish there was some way i could tell the world to read ispy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun!, July 15 2004
Kurt A. Johnson (North-Central Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
My ten year old son introduced me to this fun little book (OK, It's big, but thin.), which he has been looking at for several years now. It has fourteen, two-page sized pictures of a collection of odds and ends connected with school. At the bottom of each of them is a list of things that you can look for (sort of like, Where is Waldo). But, read through to the end, there is a riddle about someone you'll find in each of the pictures.
This is a fun book. It challenges the young reader to concentrate on what is actually on the page, and pick out certain select items. I like that my son reads it for fun, even as the book is teaching him to concentrate and search systematically. He loves this book, and so do I. We both highly recommend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, Sept. 14 2003
Zoe (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
This is great! Also, in the "Be My Valentine" page, there's one that you should look for- a queen. It took me hours! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly well done, Feb. 20 2003
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
Children of all ages (adults too!) will find something to enjoy in these pages -- the young ones just looking at the absorbing pictures and the older ones searching for the myriad of items hidden within each scene.
The scenes are each a two page photograph filled with many objects that revolve around a certain theme, from the alphabet to a town of blocks to a wooden marble machine that actually works (see the last pages for a note on this). At the bottom of each scene is a riddle to tell the searcher what he or she is looking for and to provide clues. Some of the objects are easy to find, some are impossibly difficult!
And for those of you who reach the end of the book and wish it wasn't over ... it doesn't have to be. There are additional riddles on the last pages so you can enjoy the pictures all over again.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I SPY SCHOOL DAYS IS SO FUN, Sept. 24 2001
Jan Roelofs "bibliophile" (Miami) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
I love this so much because it's fun, it's awesome, and now I want all the I Spy books. The I spy school days book rules. The coolest part was where all the toys were. This review was dictated to me by my 7 yr. old son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for even the youngest child with this one!, April 23 2001
"intentaccess" (Boca Raton, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
The I spy school Days is a great beginner book from this series. This doesn't mean it isn't challenging by any means but the pictures.... the wonderful photos even the youngest child can relate to. I know it sounds simple, but you will have to see for yourself it sound easier said then done but these are so much fun! It is very challenging, fun, and social, an excellent family event! There are extra credit riddles at the end of the book but it also is fun to make your own. The youngest little learner can really benefit from the photos in this book as it gets them going on letter, numbers and objects which they know or soon will! I can't rave enough about these books they totally intrigue me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, Oct. 26 1999
Patricia G. (Berkeley, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
I agree with the "reader" who says not to believe the age range the publishers have put on these books (4 to 8). My 10 year old loves these books at least as much as my 6 year old does, and so do I! They're incredibly imaginative, and make you look at pictures in a whole new way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 11 1999
This review is from: I Spy School Days (Hardcover)
Don't let those publishers tell you the age range. I teach fifth grade and my students LOVE these books. They are always checked out of our library and of the public library. What fun!

ARRAY(0xb48e79fc)

I Spy School Days
I Spy School Days by Jean Marzollo (Hardcover - Sept. 1 1996)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 11.54