5.0 out of 5 stars We Share Everything

2.0 out of 5 stars Ending does not ring true
Published on Nov. 23 1999 by Michele Meyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Ending does not ring true, Nov. 23 1999
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
Yes, the two irrepressibly cute characters in this book do indeed share everything. In fact, in the end the boy and girl end up taking off their clothes and switching them with each other while in their kindergarten classroom. Having taught kindergarteners within the last five years, this ending rang completely false with me. This is NOT behavior typical of kindergarteners, but more that of toddlers and young preschoolers. The kindergarteners I taught would not be caught dead taking their clothes off at school! Munsch strikes out on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Share Everything, May 1 2002
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
This book is about two kids, a boy named Jeremiah and a girl named Amanda. It's their first day of kindergarten. At first they did't share anything. My favorite part is when Jeremiah tried what worked on his little brother. He screamed so loud that he could break a window. My other favorite part is when Amanda tried what worked on her older brother. She kicked over Jeremiah's tower. I think other kids my age and younger will like this book because it has great illustrations and funny events. It also has very easy words. Read to find out if they share at the end of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny book!, Sept. 7 2000
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
My sons and I could not stop laughing while reading this book! Mr. Munsch has a humorous way of bringing up a frequently discussed topic at that age -- sharing. I have read other books by this author & enjoyed them also.
They are 5 & 8 and did not have a problem with the undressing issue -- they know what is appropriate & what is not. We usually discuss when we read books about what is real & appropriate and what is just pretend.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Share Everything, July 11 2000
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
Robert Munsch is an excellent storyteller, and it shines through his books! This story is the absolute, all time favorite of my "Kinders".
All of Munschs' books, including We Share Everything, are great pattern books which are great for teaching a variety of early reading skills including making predictions, etc.
He scored a big time hit with me and my students!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of this gender-biased book!, March 19 2001
Teri Shugart "teri813" (San Carlos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
The author reinforces gender stereotypes with a "humorous" ending where the girl and boy exchange clothes, resulting in a teacher exclaiming to the boy about his wearing pink pants. (You can tell it's sexist when you realize that navy blue pants wouldn't have worked.) Imagine how gender non-conforming children feel to have their likes ridiculed in this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars We share everything, Dec 12 1999
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
While it's true that kindergarteners generally would not share their clothes, young children love to think about and consider the ridiculous. My 10 year old thought this book was hilarious. Robert Munsch has a peculiar insight into the mind of children. My Head Start classroom yells "Robert Munsch" every time I bring out a new book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every kindergarten teacher can relate to this one!, Sept. 19 1999
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
This is an entertaining read for children and adults;early childhood teachers have lived through parts of it. Young children will relate to the challenges of learning to share (realistically portrayed) and will laugh hysterically at the end. My classroom full of kindergarteners would ask for this one over and over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who Wants to Share?, April 5 2000
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Hardcover)
Amanda and Jeremiah share a typical day at their first day ofKindergarten. Sharing is so hard for these little kids. When theteacher said, "We share everything", they took her seriously! Young children can relate to this story because sharing is such a big part of school and life!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO TRUE!, May 15 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Paperback)
I read this book to my kindergartners for the first time this year. We laughed and laughed because it was so much like life in our kindergarten class. As always, Kindergarten teacher ends up eating own words! I intend to read it for our kindergarten graduation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 16 2014
This review is from: We Share Everything! (Board book)
Love it and and the board board books are great for little ones and I love that it is changed to daycare for the young children.

We Share Everything!
We Share Everything! by Robert Munsch (Paperback - Aug. 1 1999)
CDN$ 7.99