5.0 out of 5 stars Building Embedded LINUX Systems (review), May 2 2004
This review is from: Building Embedded Linux Systems (Paperback)
I am (and have been since October) in the midst of new hardware bring up. I am not a LINUX novice but performing a kernel bring up -- well let's just say I assembled a number of books in preparation of the project.
Forturnately for me, this book was one I selected.
I found the text to be be thorough (w/plenty of references to other texts, also by O'Reilly) starting with the general and moving on to specifics.
I like the order of the presentations. Often times I find the next chapter the next task confronting me.
Good Job Mr. Yaghmour!!!
You saved me a lot of pain.
Well worth the money.
Warrick Lacey

5.0 out of 5 stars A very valuable resource, June 13 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Building Embedded Linux Systems (Paperback)
Entering the world of embedded Linux development was a daunting task not too long ago, since information was spread thinnly across the web, and books were not readily available. Several books have appeared recently, and a couple are ok, but this book is the most thorough available to date. It covers all important aspects of the development process, from concepts to debugging, with toolchain building, the kernel, bootloaders, networking and root file systems in between. I would highly recommend this book. It has been extremely helpful to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical book, Sept. 9 2003
Arun Kalluri (Hillsboro, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Building Embedded Linux Systems (Paperback)
This book is a good starting point for people to understand the work of embedded linux engineers in the real world. It is also a great book for experienced people in the industry as they can collect various pieces of missing information. I just wish I had this book two years back when I learnt all this stuff the hardway through pieces of information on web. Technology changes fast, but the stuff mentioned in the book is still up to date in the industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful reference for building or using embedded Linux, Aug. 29 2003
J. Frederick "Jim Fred" (Temecula, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Building Embedded Linux Systems (Paperback)
Even if you already have development tools, this text is helpful for administering an embedded Linux device, or for locating applications/daemons to run on an embedd Linux device. This text deals with different architectures, like ARM etc.

Building Embedded Linux Systems
Building Embedded Linux Systems by Karim Yaghmour (Paperback - May 2 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.81