5.0 out of 5 stars Best PHP book ever !, March 16 2010
This review is from: PHP Cookbook (Paperback)
Fantastic book for advanced users, even for beginners. Lots of realistic examples. Became my new very well detailed PHP reference book. I love it. !00% recommended !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, Dec 26 2009
This review is from: PHP Cookbook (Paperback)
This is an excellent reference manual for PHP. I've meddled with PHP a bit in the past, but now after going through the book, I feel a lot more confident about my ability to use PHP and know that if I'm stuck there will likely be a recipe in the book that will help me out. The book, like all the O'Reilly cookbooks, is organized into problems and solutions, which are clustered into topic chapter, such as Web Basics, Database Access, et cetera. I read it front to back because from past experience I've found that doing this lets me stumble across new information I wouldn't have, and this book was no exception.

The book had well thought out examples and often showed multiple ways to solve the same problem (and commentary on the pros/cons of the various approaches). I bookmarked a dozen or more pages with recipes I want to try out to improve aspects of my website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Many useful code and examples, Dec 28 2011
drom99 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: PHP Cookbook (Paperback)
Contains many useful code and examples that can easily be integrated to any web page. The explanations are decent and the examples show how each code works ... which helps in the understanding.

ARRAY(0xb73a2804)

PHP Cookbook
PHP Cookbook by David Sklar (Paperback - Sept. 4 2006)
CDN$ 58.99 CDN$ 29.78