boutiques-francophones Cook Simple and secure cloud storage All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Auto Personal Care NFL Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on May 31, 2011
Do not buy this book if you do not have AT LEAST the most basic understanding of HTML and CSS because the concepts can be extremely hard to wrap your mind around. As a graduating student from Graphic Design wanting to make my online portfolio more interactive, I was lost when I first opened the book. The first review of the subjects is well written and helps you to understand what each subject is really about but the topics are not, in my opinion, in the right order if you are a beginner to server side and backend programming.

If you really want to understand this book, coming from a Front End web development standpoint (you make websites in HTML and CSS) then start with JavaScript. Even this was hard to understand, I had to take two days of learning the concepts in the W3C schools because his metaphors were way too much of a stretch more my analytical mind and THEN go back to the book and do the practice.

Its a great book if you want to practice your skills, but there is no garuntee that you will understand his vague and poorly written metaphors and similies to understand these difficult and complex concepts when you are a beginner.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again