5.0 out of 5 stars Great for inspiration and learning practical techniques, Dec 4 2013
Mr. Patrick Dinnen "pdinnen" (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
Explores the interesting things we can do when we add digital communications and processing to physical objects. Comes from a playful and enjoyable direction. Provides inspiration through exploring projects by some talented people as well as providing practical, easy to follow directions for building your own projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best and the worst, mostly the best, May 16 2009
This review is from: Making Things Talk: Practical Methods for Connecting Physical Objects (Paperback)
For me this book was amazing. I am a electronics hobbyist with a very good understanding of circuits and sensors but I am a complete noob when it comes to any networking protocols. This book gave me the bare minimum to start working on projects and was very very vague on specifics. This lead to me having to spend days on simple projects ( like using putty and command line operations) BUT at the same time I learned a tonne doing so. More so then if I simply cut and pasted code and everything worked right in the first place. So this book was the best because learned so much trying to get the projects to work but the worst because it hardly gives any details on how to achieve the end results. In addition I am a PC and Pic microcontroller user and this book is written mostly for other platforms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good arduino resource, April 30 2009
Freefall (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
If you are interested at beginning with the arduino I would recommend this book. It is a great first step for arduino users.

Making Things Talk: Practical Methods for Connecting Physical Objects