5.0 out of 5 stars Go Find the Missing Manual!, Feb. 28 2010
Susanne Posteraro (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreamweaver CS4: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I bought this book shortly after buying Dreamweaver CS4. It taught me Dreamweaver. And continues to be an excellent reference manual.
The book leads you through the functionality of the software with clear descriptions, step by step tutorials,and in-depth discussions of some of the more complicated topics. It even tells you which options in Dreamweaver NOT to use, if you want to follow best practices and make your life easier.
Although the book is massive, it has an excellent index. The virtual CD has all the files necessary for the tutorials, and you download it from the web site (hey, if you want to build web sites, you've gotta have internet access, right!)
I am a volunteer webmaster for several web sites including my own, a band from Winnipeg, and a non-profit organization. I recently totally revised the look and feel of one of them, and was delighted to receive unsolicited positive feedback. The book also helped me figure out how to fix some browser problems in older versions of Internet Explorer.
I spent a lot of time browsing the bookstores and trying to find a really good tool for learning the software. This is the best of the lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 16 2011
This review is from: Dreamweaver CS4: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I have used Dreamweaver for several years now but yearned to know more. This book turned out to be just what I needed. Everything is covered in clear concise language. What I like about Dreamweaver CS4 and this text is that it goes to great lengths to explain the new web site design techniques. CSS design is embedded and heavily used in this version of Dreamweaver and the book goes to great lengths to explain it. Excellent text.

Dreamweaver CS4: The Missing Manual
Dreamweaver CS4: The Missing Manual by David Sawyer McFarland (Paperback - Dec 5 2008)
CDN$ 55.99 CDN$ 29.78