5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with this book!, July 31 2012
This review is from: High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Front-End Engineers (Paperback)
If you are into front-end development, then this book is a good resource. This book explains how to improve your site performance (loading time) significantly. I bought this book back in 2009 and learned a lot from it. Although if you use framework, most of these optimization can be done from the framework, but I still think this book is a good read if you are into front-end development.

Also, all of the points covered in the book is mentioned in Yahoo Developer Network's Performance blog.[...]

There's also a youtube video titled "High Performance Websites and YSlow!" which explains these points in details.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Performance Web Sites, Oct. 9 2008
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
I remember when I first started using the Internet. Dial ups were extremely slow at the time, so I'd type in a URL, then go make a sandwich. By the time I came back, hopefully the page would be loaded.

Today, we expect more. Often if a page takes more than a few moments to load, I don't bother. I tend to equate professional with quick. If a site doesn't load quickly or if parts of the page are slow, I naturally assume that the information provided might be as shabbily compiled. I simply move onto a different page.

High Performance Web Sites looks at how we can make our own websites load more quickly. I was surprised at how many different little things that can be done beyond optimizing graphics. Most of these things only take a few little nips and tucks and none were beyond my novice level of ability.

High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Front-End Engineers