on July 15, 2011
Everything you could possibly want to know about C# 4.0 is included in this book. Buy it. If you come from C++, Java or another conventional OO language background, this could even serve as a very good introduction to C# as well as a part of the .NET platform.
on May 8, 2011
Great book! To the point, doesn't waste time. Not for beginners, you must already know how to program. Great as a reference.
on September 23, 2010
I'm probably old-school for even buying this book, but it is the best reference for C# that I've found. I've already used it many times in only a couple of weeks owning it.

There are many excellent online references for C# and often googling up your current issue is a successful way to solve a problem. However, I still find it useful to have an actual reference book. For one thing, looking away from the screen and reading a book feels like a nice rest to my eyes. For another, I think my brain analyzes things differently when I read from a book. I have no real evidence to support this, but maybe it's just context-switching that helps get a different perspective on the problem.

This book doesn't cover frameworks like WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, etc. It is more a reference for C# the language and using it in the .NET environment. At over 1000 pages it's not exactly a nutshell, but the slightly narrow format of the book makes it feel smaller than you would guess a 1000 page reference book would feel. Highly recommended if you actually want a physical book for this kind of reference.