5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing!!
This book was one of the best books I have read in a while. It makes me want to learn more about her. I don't really know much about King Arthur or Camelot before this book, but now I can't get enough!! Everyone needs to read this book.
Published on May 13 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Fate
Fate
Published on Jan. 9 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, May 17 2004
I am Morgan le fay has to be one of the best books I have ever read.It's about this girl in the middle ages,who gets in truble a lot.Then, her dad dies one night,and she goes to live with her nurse.One day she feels like she needs to go to Avalon.On her way she runs into a knight,and he kills her horse. When she gets to Avalon she sees her mother.To find out what happens, read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing!!, May 13 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Breathtaking!, May 30 2003
By A Customer
This has to be the best book I have EVER read in my entire life. It not only contains magic, suspense, betrayle, and hatered, but it also containes passion,undieing love,and loss.
This story is about a little girl who doesn't really know her destiny, and as she grows up she starts to find it step by step. She finds a magical druid stone one day, and then, before she knows it, starts to start on a never ending adventure- literally. For Morgan le Fay means Morgan the fate, and this fated girl will have to live with the scars of her youth for the rest of her life, and be burdend with the infamous power that brought her those scars. For she is Morgan le Fay...

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enchanting Book!, April 20 2003
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
This book is about Morgan Le Fay and her magical life. This book has it all, romance, good, evil, but best of all; magic, enchantment, mistory, and wonder. Every sentence in this book intreages the mind of the reader, and takes he/she out of their seat, and into the magical world of Morgan Le Fay. I would deffenetly recommened this book to anyone with an imagination!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fate, Jan. 9 2003
Fate
Interestingly, Arthur exists s a miner character I am Morgan le Fay an Arthurian legend written by Nancy Springer. This book forces on Arthur's half sister Morgan and her struggles to deal with her new magical powers as she struggle with dealing with herself. What makes this book so interesting along with other events is that Merlin in almost all of the other book is described as a happy jolly man who helps Arthur with his kingdom, but in this book he is a dark sorcerer. As fascinating as this book seems it still consists as a not so long and thrilling as it seems at times hard to follow with some characters and events that took place in the thriller I am Morgan le Fay.
This legend is recommended by this review to be read by middle school kids or someone who wants to read a unique version of the Arthur Tail. The twists are unique don'y let them fool you this is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful writing and a Tragic tone!, Nov. 14 2002
Patricia A. Laffin (In the Land of Mordor Where the Shadows Lie) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
This book truly makes one feel for poor Morgan. Her mother wouldn't care if she had her head nailed to a wall, her sister is perfect, and the only person who ever truly loved her, her father, was brutally murdered by the cruel Uther Pendragon! The same man who murdered her father weds her mother. Her mother, Iragraine the Beautiful, gives birth to baby Arthur. How Morgan hates the baby. Iragraine loves him more than Morgan or her older sister Morgause. Time comes when Morgan Must flee her home with Morgause, her nurse, and a handsome youth with big blue eyes named Thomas. Morgan always felt something for Thomas ever since she was a little girl. When she learns he will die in battle, she panics. Why should one so innocent and pure of heart die in a king's pathetic battle? Uther Pendragon is dead and all the other men who want power are determined to win the throne, and the queen, Queen Iragraine! Morgan heals her nurse with her Druid stone. She found the stone the day her mother had surrendered to Uther Pendragon. The day she had encountered the fearsome sorcerer Merlin. Morgan Feared Merlin and despised the very Idea of being a sorcerer. One day, at Her Nurses home Cear Ongowyn, Morgan awakens in the middle of the night. She had received a calling. She knows she must go to Avalon. The packs her provisions and saddles up Thomas' pony Annie. On the way to Avalon, she meets a horrible night that tries to abduct her. His squire rushes over and it is none other than Thomas! Annie springs to Morgan's defense and the Knight lops off the pony's head. then the night tries to Hurt Thomas and Morgan could stand no more. she touches her milperve, the druid stone, and screams, "Death to the knight!" and the knight falls down dead. Thomas and Morgan travel to Avalon together. There Morgan learns how to be a fay and meets her Mother, though her title Iragraine the Beautiful is know a Mockery. Morgan sends Thomas away because she feared that her love for him with cause him harm. Morgan hears much about fate and hates it. She leave Avalon and goes back to Cear Ongwyn and her nurse passes away and Morgause goes off to find a sweetheart. Morgan prepares the palace for Thomas and he comes to Cear Morgana, Morgan's name for the palace. He doesn't like Morgan never letting him do anything on his own and grabs The milperve away for her and the palace melts away. And nothing can prepare Morgan for what came next, though both her and Thomas knew it would happen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Explain, don't excuse, Aug. 20 2002
E. A Solinas "ea_solinas" (MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
Nancy Springer's "I Am Mordred" is still one of the most original and intriguing retellings of Arthurian legend. Now there is a prequel to that work "I Am Morgan Le Fey," a haunting story of a young girl's gradual downhill stumble.
Morgan's father died the night she saw a strange man going off with her mother Igraine. That man, the king, soon took Igraine to be his queen, and her little daughters went to live with the nurse Ongwynn. During that time, Morgan falls in love with Ongwynn's doomed son Thomas, and learns of her own blossoming magical powers.
But things take a nasty turn when she is a teenager. Armed with a druid stone and the aid of gods and fay, she goes on a quest to find her traumatized mother in Avalon. But losses and rejection will spur her on to a destiny that she was desperate to avoid...
Like its sequel, "Morgan" is ultimately a psychological work. Springer avoids "it wasn't his/her fault" traps, instead focusing on explaining rather than excusing. The romance is bittersweet and well-written, which makes the violence and darker undercurrents even more disturbing. And though Morgan's glimpses of the future, we also see a few facets of what we also saw in "I Am Mordred" -- Morgan as she would be about twenty or thirty years in the future, and what she would do to her family.
The main difficulty with the book is that in places it feels a little distended, as if the plot is being scraped a bit too thin. The writing is lush and detailed, with different atmosphere for different settings: Dreamy for Avalon, woodsy and homelike for Ongwynn's cottage, and dangerous for any of the roads.
Morgan is a genuinely compelling anti-heroine, who will have readers wishing that her path were anything else. Thomas will win over readers as well, a quiet character who lacks Morgan's darkness. Igraine and Morgause may annoy the readers, and Ongwynn will interest as the surrogate grandmother figure. The other characters are pretty undeveloped, especially the villain.
Definitely a good read for fans of good spins on Arthuriana, and definitely for fans of Morgan le Fay (I would recommend this highly over any other Morgan-related book).

5.0 out of 5 stars Morgan Le Fay, July 31 2002
Rachael (Cocoa Beach, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
I read this book this past winter and I was just amazed by it. Everything about it made you feel like you were part of it and you could just watch everything while it was happening. None of my years of school can help me say how much I enjoyed this book. I am just dumbstruck by it. I didn't even think that I liked "the lore of Camelot". All I can say is, you need to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nancy Springer's Morgan, July 30 2002
Mike (Woodbourne, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
I did enjoy reading this book, as I am an avid Arthurian fan. I found that it could have been thrice as long, as the book concludes before Morgan even meets Arthur again. I do believe that the author, as talented as she is, has a plethora of material for a sequal to this specific character, rather than another novel about a different Arthurian character (i.e. Mordred) which would be a delight to read.
So, in closing to my attempt to share my opinion, to you Nancy Springer, I salute your efforts with this beautiful piece of literature, and hope for a second and or third segment in the life of this mythic sorceress.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Have To Read This!, July 2 2002
This review is from: I Am Morgan Le Fay (Hardcover)
I think this was the best book I have ever read. It was romantic,exciting,tragic and magical. I could never put it down! I just had to keep on reading. I feel sorry for Morgan and how she lost Thomas her love like that and how her mother didn't care about anyone but her son the king. But at the same time I hate her because she turned out to be evil. I recommend this book to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb214f4b0)

I Am Morgan Lefay: A Tale from Camelot
I Am Morgan Lefay: A Tale from Camelot by Nancy Springer (Turtleback - Dec 2002)
Out of stock