5.0 out of 5 stars Projects Made Incredibly Easy

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading cover
Published on Jan. 1 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Projects Made Incredibly Easy, March 16 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Debbie Travis' Weekend Projects: More Than 55 One-of-a-Kind Designs You Can Make in Under Two Days (Hardcover)
I have tried and successfully completed many of the multitude of projects in this book. The instructions are clear, concise and the photographs are gorgeous. The instructions for the armoire on the cover may not be spoon-fed line by line, but the two techniques that Debbie mentions she uses on it are very clearly explained in other projects. I tried it on a table (rather than an armoire). It's gorgeous. All it takes is a little imagination. I just can't believe what a jewel this book is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading cover, Jan. 1 2001
By A Customer
When I first saw this book I fell in love with the blue armoire on the cover which reminded me of the unpainted armoire I have at home. I bought the book only to find the armoire was depicted twice (on the cover and page 82 - which is a full page picture)and there is a very brief paragraph that vaguely describes how Debbie " . . broke every rule. ." and used " . . two different techniques . . ." for this piece of furniture. Don't judge this book by it's cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars what a nice surprise, Dec 15 2000
With the number of DIY programmes on TV at the moment this was the perfect aid to my refurbishment attempts. Laid out in a neat simple to follow format the book guides you quickly through the basic priciple any inexperienced DIYer needs to comprehend. Reasonably priced the only problem I have found with purchacing this book is that it has been lent out time and time again, I simply can't get back off my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Debbie Travis'weekend projects, Feb. 1 2003
By A Customer
I enjoyed Debbie Travis' previous books so this was a natural to purchase.However I was disapponited.The directions were unclear on several projects-the mirror framed mirror for one,it took much longer than a weekend and the putty never dries or took to the silver paint.This book has gone to the used book store!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!!, June 19 2003
By A Customer
Debbie Travis really breaks down projects that look complicated into easy steps. In looking for info on one project, I immediately became inspired to do several of her projects. They are all easilly adapted to your home and style, and definetly make you want to go for it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great projects!, April 11 2003
Lots of easy to do projects. Most of the projects can be adapted to suit your own decorating style.

Used & New from: CDN$ 4.86