5.0 out of 5 stars Sent from heaven!
What can I say that has not already been said? This book has helped me find books, software and sites to aid in our studies on various topics. This is a thick, deeply developed book that really is a must have for homeschoolers.
Published on Jan. 24 2003 by HH

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, but not for Christian homeschoolers
Published on June 7 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, but not for Christian homeschoolers, June 7 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Complete Home Learning Source Book: The Essential Resource Guide for Homeschoolers, Parents, and Educators Covering Every Subject from Arithmetic to Zoology (Paperback)
This is an excellent resource guide, full of more information than I could imagine anyone ever needing! I was disappoointed, however, with some obvious omissions of Christian curriculums and suppliers. In addition, her attitude toward the few she did mention was, to say the least, condescending. I would not recommend this book to Christian homeschoolers looking for resources with a biblical perspective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, but it's getting old!, Nov. 6 2006
CanadianMother (Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
As other reviewers have stated, this book is a heaven-sent resource for homeschoolers. The amount of fun and fascinating materials Rupp lists in the book is staggering. Her descriptions of everything are well written and helpful too. This book would be especially helpful for those wanting to create Unit Studies, as materials are listed by subject (for example there are several pages alone of materials relating to the Vikings).

However as of the writing of this review it is late 2006, and the book is a full 8 years old. Many of the internet links listed in the book are dead, and I am sure that despite its impressive size, the book is now incomplete. Many resources have been published with homeschooling in mind in the past 8 years and none of them will be in this book.

I wish the publisher would ask Ms. Rupp to do an updated version. However, in the meantime this book is still highly useful and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sent from heaven!, Jan. 24 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, its huge, Sept. 21 2001
Wow, its huge. Its packed with sources. For anyone looking for educational materials for their kids, this is a must-have. It is maybe not as complete as the title suggests, but then it would have to be a 3 volume set. also includes a few interesting excerpts from the authors home-schooling diary.

5.0 out of 5 stars MEGA-RESOURCE!, Aug. 12 2001
By A Customer
Wow, this book blows me away! It's easy to understand and follow and is packed with great information and inspiration. I have used it to write our curriculum for this year. Yes, some of the web addresses are out of date, and some of the books, games, kits, and so on, are hard to find. But with a little work and an open mind, I seem to be able to find everything I need. I am waiting impatiently for a revised edition. I hope there is one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, March 29 2001
Laura Brown McKenzie (On a mountain in AL United States) - See all my reviews
I have homeschooled all my children all their lives. I have taught in public school. I tutor math, science, English and history. In every subject, every grade, I depend on this book for new, innovative ideas and resources to use. There is no other book that I have that I use nearly as much. Thank you Ms. Rupp!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Resource for Learning, March 9 2001
By A Customer
Although my daughter is only 4 years old, I plan to use this book to start her on the fundamentals early. Learning is a life long passion for me. I hope to install the same passion for learning in my daughter . I really appreciated the layout by topic which was then broken down into magazines, books, and other study materials. An excellent resource for supplemental learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for homeschoolers!, Oct. 22 2000
By A Customer
This book is wonderful! It has hundreds of themes, which provide information about books, software, activities, videos, and websites. (In addition to curriculum suggestions in Math, Language Arts, Life Skills, etc.) I'm using this to supplement my son's private school education, and it's been so useful. My seven year old son has loved all the books I've read which were suggested in this book. He often wakes up the next morning thinking about them and asking me questions!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the most helpful book in our home school library, Sept. 5 2000
When I borrowed this book from the library I actually read it cover to cover. It is more than just a list of books. Rebecca Rupp has done exhaustive research. She has given the home schooler (or the parent wishing to augment the education of their kids) a tremendous resource. Rupp has divided the book up into different sections according to subject-not just the three 'Rs, but also such things as philosophy, art, music...you name it. The age suggestions seem very accurate as well. Since people home school for a lot of different reasons, she also mentions if a book is religious or Christian, or a purely secular resource. I have used many of the websites that she lists, as well as sending away for a number of the catalogs that she lists. As someone relatively new to the home school scene, I also enjoyed the personal accounts of her three sons' educational experiences. I borrowed the book from our library first, but have since purchased my very own copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for homeschoolers doing unit studies, May 19 2000
By A Customer
I've purchased many homeschooling books, but this is the one that I use constantly in planning lessons and unit studies. If you prefer to put together your own curriculum, rather than purchasing a series of textbooks, The Complete Home Learning Sourcebook will save you time and money. It is a great starting point - classified by subject area and sub-divided into topics. This is the place to get a sense of what's available in catalogs, games, kits, books, cd-roms and more, with contact info and web addresses, so you can find what you want! Rebecca Rupp includes sections from her homeschool journal to illustrate what worked for her family. If I could only have one book on homeschooling, this would be it.

ARRAY(0xb054f504)