5.0 out of 5 stars India's treasure Ayurveda
This book is the first one I've read on Ayurveda which makes immediate sence. Written in a practical straight forward way, It is obvious the author genuinely cares about his readers.
Published on Jan. 1 2002 by Eric S Lloyd

3.0 out of 5 stars a lot these herbs are india grown herb there are ...
a lot these herbs are india grown herb there are no references of other substitutes of other herbs that can be used in replacement of this long names which is in the indi language.

Otherwise it has some interesting tidbits for home remedy.
Published 1 month ago by J

5.0 out of 5 stars India's treasure Ayurveda, Jan. 1 2002
Eric S Lloyd (Dallas, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I have tried several cures listed in the book, they have provided better and faster relief than any drugs. There is one for sinus headache (pg 250) that worked in less than 10 min. And the best story of all, is one he lists for food allergies which has allowed me to eat dairy and wheat again. This book has changed my life. I have been independantly studying holistic medicine for the past 9 years, and this book is a fast leap forward in my awareness of the field of alternative treatments.
I only hope to be able to meet Dr. Lad some day and offer my gratitude.
Sincerely
Eric Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Ayurveda I've found, March 15 2000
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I have been buying books on Ayurveda for several years. I usually read a little and then put them on the shelf. Not so with Dr. Lad's The Complete Book of Auyrvedic Home Remedies. I immediately adopted his simple morning routine, and it has helped me physically and mentally. I recommend this book to anyone interested in making a profound, positive change. It's practical and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only book you will ever need, Nov. 4 2002
Lorisong "lorisong" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I have a huge library. If i could keep only one book in this category it would be this one!
I have used it for a few years now, its getting a bit worn!
Really amazing helpful, everyday useful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, Sept. 24 2001
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I would highly recommend this book for holistic healing, prevention, and cure of many ailments. For many years, I read and referred to all kinds of books on natural cure, but since I have found this book, I don't need any other book most of the times. This has become my standard text book on natural health. The concepts of Ayurveda are ultimate and this book, as far as I know, is the best. ....
The only trouble I had was a temporary side effect due to Yogaraj Guggulu. That seemed to be the right medicine but not for one who may be prone to pitta imbalance in addition to vata imbalance. It would have been better if the book included the warning, as it has for a few other remedies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor, Oct. 30 2000
By A Customer
This book is incredibly useful, and full of home remedies for a very wide variety of problems. I've tried many of them myself - for sinus troubles, insect bites, ordinary fatigue, and simple stomach complaints. It also has guidance on more serious issues, to be used in concert with a physician's medical advice. As a physician, I have over 20 "home medical guides" in my house, and I usually turn to this one first. I highly recommend it for any household.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies, Jan. 6 2010
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I really like this book. The style is informative yet informal. It covers a wide range of aspects on how to live a healthy life according to ayurvedic principles - not just concentrating on food, it also mentions the role of our emotions and self-esteem on our health, how exercise and meditation can help, how the seasons affect us, how we can use gemstones and scents to benefit us, and much more. It also gives a very do-able 9 day detox (although I've not done it yet!).

Perhaps inevitably, in covering so much ground, the author is not able to go into a lot of detail about each aspect or each illness. So for me this book makes an excellent introduction to Ayurveda for people who are interested in maintaining their health when it is already fairly good.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, April 20 2009
N. Lafleur "Lafleurdunil" (Gatineau, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
This book is fascinating and very knowledgeable. It is my bible when searching a gentle cure. I love it. This is the second time I buy this book. I loaned the first one and it was never returned and I immediately bought another one for it is difficult to be without. It has helped me a lot and I have shared this book with so many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to have it at home !, Oct. 19 1998
By A Customer
It is a very nicely written book. Author clearly explains the medical terms and the cures for many ailments. I have tried many of his medicines for common problems and they all have worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this for your bookshelf, Sept. 11 2011
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)
I love collecting books, and I have to say a number of them lie untouched on my bookshelf. But not this one! I've been looking for something like it for a long time, and having found it, it's now my bedside table bible. My kids suffer from a number of allergies and I'm already finding suggestions the book offers useful. Having grown up in India, I recognize a lot of techniques my mother used on me- turmeric and warm milk for a cough and a head-oil massage to cool down the body, for starters. It's fun rediscovering and implementing them for myself and the children. Ayurveda and yoga are long-held traditions which work and I'm glad to have found a comprehensive book which offers practical, useful suggestions on how to integrate them in our daily lives.

3.0 out of 5 stars a lot these herbs are india grown herb there are ..., Nov. 2 2014
This review is from: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies (Paperback)

Otherwise it has some interesting tidbits for home remedy.
This book is for those who already have a insight for natural herbs and remedies, and are willing to research what the definition of these herbs, unless you have study in india, it is very unlikely you will find these specific herbs in your local grocery store.

The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Lad M.A.Sc. (Paperback - April 6 1999)
CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 16.57