5.0 out of 5 stars The Indentured Hear, Dec 1 2003
By A Customer
It's a wonderful book. I owned the entire series. I've had them for over 6 years and I still love to read them over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing story about a girl who faced imposible odds!, Aug. 10 2000
Danielle Raymo (Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
When Molly Burns comes to America with Adam Winslow, she is just a little girl. But, little girls do grow up! And soon she finds that she's in love with Adam. But he has given his love to another, or has he? Maybe this girl doesn't return his love. Molly faces imposible odds of trying to win the man she loves, but also begins to lose faith just when he may be starting to care for her as a woman and not a little sister. Will he lose her to another? Now with a war just on the verge of beginning, they may lose it all. I emensley enjoyed reading about all the historical figures and places in this book. I also enjoyed the romance and action. Many of the characters and historical places and plots are historiacally acurate as well! Enjoy your reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Indentured Heart, May 30 2000
By A Customer
Set in pre-revolutinary America, Gilbert Morris does an excellent job in creating the book "The Indentured Heart." This is the third book in the House of Winslow series and Morris hopefully has many more books to come. Morris's "The Indentured Heart" spans the Atlantic Ocean to America to England and then back. The main character is Adam Winslow. The book begins with him as a young boy and then follows him through adulthood and beyond. He is portrayed as a man searching for something. His searching leads him to Enlgand and to Molly Burns, a young girl who has been enslaved in poverty all her life. She has lived a hard life and Adam wants to help her to break free of that kind of inprisonment. Adam offers Molly escape from England to come to America and start a new life, but only if she becomes his indentured servant for ten years. She is then freed from her life of poverty but bound to a different kind of servitude for another ten years. "The Indentured Heart" follows the lives of these two people through a historically changing time in America. Many prominent American historical figures such as Washington and Franklin are active characters in this book. After reading this book I found myself more knowledgable about the events of pre-revolutionary America and to me reading an interesting book is better then sitting in a history class and getting the same amount of information from it. I thought this book was very interesting and a fun reading experience that brought me some education along the way. I look forward to reading more of Gilbert Morris's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply put, one of the best books I have ever read, March 10 1999
Simply put, one of the best books that I have ever read, and let me tell you, I do not say this about many books. I give it a full five star rating.
If you like historical fiction, you will love this book. The author does a suprb job of keeping symathy with the main character, and I was holding my breath for most of the book, wondering what would happen. I ended up staying awake most of the night because i just HAD to see how it ended.
Set in pre-Revolutionary War America, this book continues the House of Winslow series. In my opinion, it is the best one in the series.
With just the right blend of action, intrigue, romance, and Christian values, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves historical fiction, and even to those who don't.

ARRAY(0xa3508e28)

Indentured Heart
Indentured Heart by Gilbert Morris (School & Library Binding - Feb. 1988)
Out of stock