Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: School & Library BindingChange

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on February 13, 2001
Having enjoyed the first two books in the Song of Acadia series, I was anxiously awaiting the third book and I wasn't disappointed. The authors seamlessly transfer the focus of the story from Catherine and Louisa to Nicole and Anne. Even though I had grown attached to the first two characters, I enjoyed reading about their daughters' lives. The book again reminds people that God works in ways we might not foresee, but if we trust in Him we will always be rewarded. I also enjoyed the geographical change in much of the storyline. It was a very good book!
on March 15, 2001
Oke and Bunn continue their story of the babies who were raised in the "wrong" families, now grown young ladies with lives of their own. Anne feels happy and contented as a doctor's wife and is looking forward to the birth of their first child when tragedy strikes. Nicole, traveling to England to claim her birthright, is torn between her sense of duty and following her heart. Oke and Bunn weave another fine tale of God's love and plan for these two lives as the Song of Acadia series continues.
on March 15, 2003
This is my second favorite of the series, my very favorite being "The Meeting Place." Unlike "The Sacred Shore", the book preceding it, "The Birthright" brings out the character of Anne as well as that of Nicole, rather like "The Meeting Place" did with their moms, Catherine and Louise. I always felt that Anne is "short-changed" in the other books in the series, and am glad to see her getting more equal treatment here.
on April 18, 2002
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and hope to continue with the next one. Normally, I find Oke's book dull or too detailed to enjoy, but this series with Bunn is outstanding. Try it!
on August 24, 2001
I really enjoy Janette Oke's books. This is a wonderful novel. It will defintly keep your interest. I highly recommend this. It is good clean Christian fiction.