Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Library BindingChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on September 21, 2001
I was very pleased to see the sequel to Beyond the Gathering Storm so that I could find out what might become of Christine. Overall I thought it was an okay book, but the ending just didn't seem right. Even though Oke wanted us to finish the book with the feeling that Christine really was in love with Eric, I don't think she was. The day before she was supposed to make her decision about whether she wanted to continue seeing Eric seriously or not, she had no idea, then after just reading a chapter in Exodus she realized that she truly loves him?? Come on, really. I felt through the whole book that she and Henry's fellow RCMP Laray were a perfect match, esp. since he was going back to the North where she always felt that she belonged. Despite what I felt was an unsatisfactory ending, I overall enjoyed the story. I'd take it or leave it.
on May 27, 2002
I wanted to like this story, but it felt rushed and disjointed. She builds up a romantic story line and then skips over into another story entirely. I must admit I like the stories about settlers better than the more modern settings and situations. I suppose the wars aren't that modern but they're a less innocent time. I felt like she had cheated her readers by rushing this to press before taking the time to edit it properly. She had proved herself in the past and I'll buy her books again but it was really disapointing. A writer who can write Roses For Mama can do a lot better.
on March 28, 2002
Being a Janette Oke and looking forward to reading her books, I was disappointed that the book did not end in the way I had expected. I was pleased to see that I wasn't the only one who holds this opinion. I thought that it would have been a much better ending had it been Christine and Laray, especially with him going to the North as well rather than Eric. I hope Ms Oke writes another one in the series where Christine changes her mind for laray, i really liked him!