Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools Cook

Feet of Clay
Format: School & Library BindingChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on December 4, 1998
First of all, let me get one thing clear: I like Terry Pratchett books. That said, this is my opinion.
This is quite a good book, make no mistake. Some things may have a little more meaning to those who have read earlier Pratchett offerings, but in general, quite good.
However, I do not really go for books that push the "racial tolerance" or "anti-industrial" lines. No anti-industrialisms in here, but racial tolerance coming out of the book's ears. Don't get me wrong- I'm not a neo-Nazi or something, but it does get annoying.
Anyway: Terry Pratchett's Feet of Clay- good book. By the way, golems rule.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 2, 2014
What one might expect from Terry Pratchett: whacky humour, intimately realized world, twists, turns and nefarious deeds. In short, another installment of escapism at its best.

In this Discworld edition, Pratchett returns to our stalwart policing crew, The Watch, who become embroiled in a series of dastardly murders, the question of what makes a thing a thing with rights, or just a machine, and the examination of class structure. All of this told with intelligence and aplomb.
on January 18, 1999
When Pratchett is on, he's hilarious. Often though he goes pages without forcing as much as a chuckle, and this book is no exception. While I've heard him compared to Douglas Adams, I don't find him to measure up - still, I have yet to see anyone mix fantasy and humor as well (plus some mystery thrown in in this story). His understanding of theology seems limited, but his writing is funny enough that I thought the book worth its cost.