5.0 out of 5 stars Most simple useful book, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Blackjack Bluebook II: The Simplest Winning Strategies Ever Published, 2006 (Paperback)
Most simple and useful book. Enjoy to read it. You can use the things you learnt immediately to play black jack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Organized, Highly Informative Manual, Oct. 24 2003
Although I've been playing "advantage" blackjack for many years, I still found this book to be helpful and educational. It was a reading delight with a comprehensive sequential arrangement, smoothly moving from basic strategy - to basic refinement techniques - to amateur card counting - to advanced card counts.
Its chapter on the "art" of skillful play offered some advanced, yet easy tactics regarding camouflage, truing up an unbalanced count, etc. Even the pure recreationalists will find practical ways to improve their game beyond correct basic strategy by using information from the cards showing on board. There is also quite an interesting analytical perspective on betting progressions.
One thing I liked in particular was that nearly every strategy or technique presented was given a percentage value, backed by millions of computer generated hands. That gives us all a better feel for what our various efforts are worth; something I haven't always had.
Another big plus was all the card hand graphics that were used throughout to illustrate its strategic points. For hard to grasp concepts, the pictures were a big help.
After reading 20 blackjack books, if I can get just one or two new helpful things from the next one I consider it time well spent. This one provided lots of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth it, Aug. 11 2004
By A Customer
I recently purchased Stanford Wongs professional blackjack after reading this book. It didnt even come close to comparing. Blackjack Blue Book II is the easiest to read blackjack book I hjave found with a tonne of critical information. For the beginner or the person who is looking to get more serious, this book is a must buy. In my opinion, this is the blackjack bible and every player needs to own a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage of winning blackjack, July 16 2004
I. Edirisinghe (Kitchener, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This is definitely one of the best blackjack books I have read. Before covering basic strategy the author dismisses some common blackjack myths and gets the newbie in the correct frame of mind to play winning blackjack. The coverage of basic strategy is as good as you'll find anywhere, with explanations of why certain plays are correct. There is some nice coverage of non-count based advantage strategies such as hand interaction, which I have never seen in any other book. The book really shines I think in the the final chapters, as the author does a very complete job off covering various card counting systems, starting from the recreational ACE/10 count upto the highly advanced (level 2) mentor count. I use the author's KISS III count in 6-8 deck games, and I am learning the mentor count for single/two deck play when I visit las vegas. KISS III is upto par with Hi-Lo and KO systems, and I find the unbalanced count is much easier for betting purposes in multi-deck games. The only negative point about the book I found was the lack of coverage on bankroll requirements, and concepts such as risk of ruin. But otherwise, I highly recommend this book for the beginner/intermediate blackjack player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifts That Prosper Others, Oct. 17 2011
I am a relatively conservative investor, it is my elder son who makes ocasional forays into the Vegas casinos to challenge the House! Hence this book was a birthday gift.

He reports that his last trip was successful, and lessons gained from the pages of this tome gave him additional insight. Was it the book or was it that he was guided from a higher perspective.

In this life, we get in relation to what we give, and giving time to study the percentages will invariably tilt the game ever so slightly toward the those who challenge the House.

Read the book, practice with another until you know the strategies just as well as you know how to ride a bicycle, and you too can profit from the "Simplest Winning Strategies"!

4.0 out of 5 stars BLACKJACK BLUEBOOK II The Simplest Winning Strategies Ever Published, June 17 2010
John Krauss - See all my reviews
I wanted to see if I could try to be a winner at Blackjack. I felt this book was well written. It had lots of information that I will try the next time I'm sitting down at a blackjack table.I'm considered not much of a reader, but when I started reading this book, I just couldn't put it down.I recommend this book to anyone that wants to win the next time they sit down at a blackjack table.

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, Aug. 26 2009
D. Chan "Iron Monkey" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I don't really have anything to compare this book to since this is the first Blackjack book that I've read, but I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. The layout was well organized and the explanations of concepts were easy to understand due to the accompanied examples. I particularly liked the chapters that seemed to bridge the territory between straight basic play and full out card counting. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about Blackjack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid all around player's handbook, Feb. 15 2004
Chuck S. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I liked the opening blackjack IQ test which grades your current level of knowledge. The book has a very complete basic strategy section including a multi-color hand playing chart, plus many typical problem hand explanations. It also has a unique chapter on fine points of the game that go beyond basic strategy without counting cards.
The card counting section begins with some downright casual methods, then progresses to mainstream and advanced type systems. The upgradable KISS Count looks similar to the KO count and is very clearly laid out, along with supporting performance data. In fact the whole book is presented in an easy to follow and thorough writing style.
In my humble opinion, it is an excellent modern textbook and reference guide for serious players.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, Dec 2 2003
By A Customer
What an amazing book. Very clear and to the point. Explains how to best play the game. Extremly easy to read and understand. A must read for everybody playng the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative book!, Oct. 17 2003
I love the game, and i enjoyed this book. I would also recommend, Gregorian Strategy for multiple deck blackjack.

Blackjack Bluebook II: The Simplest Winning Strategies Ever Published, 2006