5.0 out of 5 stars Guess What? It Works!
Published 22 months ago by Tim

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too short for the price tag..
I was really disappointed when the book came and it was about the size of an archie comic book..and the last half of it was just pictures of basic exercises. I took very little away from reading this book and didn't even come close to getting my $40 worth out of it. Save your money..there are better nutrition books out there.
Published 15 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Guess What? It Works!, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
The best way to describe this book is awesome! This book has been a positive influence on my life personally, both mentally and physical. I used to find myself having a very difficult time getting up in the morning and, as the day wore on, I would be ready to pass out the moment I walked through the door. Now, 2 months later and 15 pounds lost, it has been a complete 180 degree change in me and I have this book to thank. It is a very easy read. The recipes and motivational quotes itself are worth the price alone. Just the small things like cutting out processed foods and switching from extra virgin olive oil to grape seed, peanut and coconut oil. If you hate the way you feel and you want to change your life then I highly recommend this book. It has changed me and I am sure it will have the same effect on you.

I recommend the Champion Chili. Best chili I have ever had.

Thank you Mike Dolce. Thank you for helping me get on the right path.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living lean is Awesome, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
This book is truley motivational an inspirational. There is no need to starve yourself. This book teaches you to live and eat lean! Great book and a great read. I've lost 12lbs in one week already!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
This book does not just teach you a diet but it changes your life. The life lessons that Mike explains in the book have changed my life. The book also is a very fun read. The book has a bunch of nice workouts as well as recipes. You won't be disappointed in this book. Start Living Lean!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Lean is the Real Deal!, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
I purchased 3 Weeks to Shredded and Living Lean a couple months ago. I was never one into fitness or eating healthy whatsoever. Both books are amazing with GREAT recipes, workouts, meal plans, grocery lists, motivational quotes and a great inspiring story from Mike Dolce himself about him growing up and what got him into this line of work. He's a guy through hard work, dedication has become one of the BEST strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists. This book works for everyone, I wasn't an athlete whatsoever but followed the plans and just from eating the meals and following the plan provided in the book I lost weight and had a LARGE increase in energy. I would recommend this to anyone looking to shape up, lose pounds or even bulk up. There's a reason that top athletes recruit Dolce. There are proven success stories in this book that are extremely motivational. Better yet some are on twitter that have lost 150+lbs through Dolce and Mike himself even takes time to answer questions. All In all this is a great buy, great book. The energy increase is worth it alone but when the pounds start melting off its a great feeling. Its beautiful because its not a diet its a lifestyle change that works for anyone from vegans to gluten free. So if you want to eat lots of tasty food while STILL losing weight, you MUST pick up this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Insight and Plan ever, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
I thought I had some insight to how to be able to cut weight and eat clean. After reading this book I realized what I knew or thought I knew was no where near what I needed to know. THis book turned a whole new page in my life. The knowledge that this book gave me to starting and MAINTAINING a healthly clean life is far beyond what I though. The recipies in this book are far better than I ever imagined what Clean eating could be. The book doesnt preach diets it is all about clean natural healthly eating. Starting Reading this book and it only took me 3 days to finish and after that it only took me another 4 weeks to drop the extra 20lbs that i wanted. I maintained all the energy that I needed to keep up with my son and my sports. The Recipies are fantastic for the every day person but also Highly loved by my 2 year old. With the added bonus of having the work out routines in the back of the book is the added bonus that will help any one look and feel they way they want. Highly Reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transforms the way you eat, look and feel!!!!, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
Mike Dolce's Living Lean, transformed the way i approach my diet and opened my eyes in regards to what kind of food I was fuelling my body with. Living Lean contains simple dietary fundamentals which are applicable for people of all walks of life. Delicious recipes leave you satisfied and helped me decrease my cravings for junk food. I consider myself a highly active person and Living Lean has helped me become more energetic throughout my day and helps me recover adequately from my workouts. I recommend it to all my friends and family. A MUST-HAVE!!! for anybody that wants to make positive changes in their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lean and mean!, June 21 2012
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
Bought that book about six months ago, and well... I've never been that much in shape and lean! It's not a book for bulking a lot of mass it is instead to get lean and healthy. Waking up in the morning is fun knowing that you'll eat good stuff for body and in the taste.

No need to be a sport addict to try Mike's tricks, you just need to be willing to do some sacrifices!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip off. Should have known, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
Well first off this was the worst 44$ I have ever spent. All you are pretty much getting is a cookbook with a few meals.

If you are already in shape and looking to get lean like the title says you probably know everything mentioned in this 90 page "book"

Half the book is pictures of exercises that anyone with a brain and common sense (or google) can figure out.

Stick to training MMA fighters Mike, not putting out gimmick "books"

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer, Dec 13 2013
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
I've been trying to cut weight for a while now and in my experience I've struggled with several workouts and accompanying nutrition plans - but I've never had any real results.
I started boxing 2 days a week for an hour, as well as grappling (Brazilian JiuJitsu) 3 nights a week for an hour a night.

That being said - I've been accompanying the Dolce Diet into this routine. I've had fantastic energy, I'm killing my workouts, and I have seen SIGNIFICANT changes in my physique in a short amount of time. Great product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all., Dec 2 2013
This review is from: The Dolce Diet: Living Lean (Paperback)
What is good about this book? It gives basic concepts for the beginner to start with.

That's the only good thing about this book. It's poorly written and doesn't provide any additional information for anybody that doesn't already know the basics of a proper diet. It doesn't provide any detailed meal plans. The book gives a basic example and then you go from there. Guess what? If I'm shelling out $40, I want more than a basic example!

If you already have a general understanding of a proper diet (avoid sugar and processed foods, eat meat, vegetables, and good fats while eating fruits sparingly), then this book is absolutely useless.

One final source of irritation in this overly hyped book is there is an entire chapter dedicated to plugging another product of his, "3 Weeks to Shredded". Absolute garbage.

Any information in this book can be easily found for free online. Search for "Robb Wolf". Again, this book is written for the a person who has no concept of a proper diet.

ARRAY(0xc37c3c54)

The Dolce Diet: Living Lean
The Dolce Diet: Living Lean by Brandy Roon (Paperback - Sept. 1 2011)
CDN$ 44.94 CDN$ 43.91