5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully easy & flavourful, Dec 31 2010
This review is from: Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours (Hardcover)
I bought this cookbook 6 weeks ago and have made 6 different things. Everything has worked brilliantly, in terms of quantities, timing and flavour. It's been fun trying new things. I've never cooked chickens in pots at such high heat - turns out beautifully. I've been cooking for years so it is not as often that I run into new things that excite me to try them. I've had fun and enjoyed this beautiful cookbook both visually and gastronomically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic intro to everyday French cooking, Jan. 24 2011
I loved this book. Not complicated at all and easy to follow instructions. I also loved the back ground stories as well as little tidbits about french food (and drinks), its history, and culture. The only issue I had with this book was that it had recipes for food not necessarily French in origin. Since when is tzatziki served at a typical French table? Two thumbs up. Almost as good a being in France.

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, Sept. 3 2013
This is a required textbook for a course I am taking. The instructions are clear and the recipes are authentic so the results are great! I love how the author describes where the recipe comes from and how each recipe is used so that it becomes a cultural experience. I like the suggestive alternatives for each recipe as well. I only wish there were pictures for every recipe...I really don't like not knowing what it's supposed to look like until I'm finished making it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite for every occasion, Feb. 28 2013
This book has fast become my go-to when we have visitors, and it never disappoints. Every single recipe I have tried has been a magnificent success. They are all easy to follow and with perfect order and timing, even for the most complicated dishes and pastries. I am decided to try every recipe, because every dish we haven't tried is our loss, I am certain of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Jan. 9 2011
This book is a treasure. It is filled with delicious recipes and stories (often funny) about how the recipe came to be. The recipes are often much easier than one would think, and most of the ingredients are available in numerous countries. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in cooking delicious food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot go wrong with this book!, July 15 2011
The latest culinary gem released by famed food writer and cookbook author extraordinaire Dorie Greenspan, is titled Around My French Table. It is the perfect name for this book, as every page is written and photographed in a manner that is inviting and homey. You actually feel as if you're sitting around Dorie's table.

There are helpful tips scattered throughout, along with serving and storing suggestions for each recipe. I love the personal stories and fun anecdotes included that make this a book you will want to read from cover to cover. The recipes themselves make French food accessible to the average home cook, guiding you through each dish so well that you almost swear you can hear Dorie whispering instructions in your ear. Dishes that at first glance appear complicated turn out to be straightforward, and recipes range from classic French cuisine to more modern twists like Cheesy Crème Brulée.

5.0 out of 5 stars around my French Table, Feb. 12 2011
Many excellant recipes with clear step by step instructions. Also lots of hints on how to change things a bit for more variety. Highly recommended.

ARRAY(0xf345b28)

Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan (Hardcover - Oct. 8 2010)
CDN$ 52.00 CDN$ 32.60