march Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family boutiques-francophones

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on December 31, 2010
I bought this cookbook 6 weeks ago and have made 6 different things. Everything has worked brilliantly, in terms of quantities, timing and flavour. It's been fun trying new things. I've never cooked chickens in pots at such high heat - turns out beautifully. I've been cooking for years so it is not as often that I run into new things that excite me to try them. I've had fun and enjoyed this beautiful cookbook both visually and gastronomically.
on July 15, 2011
The latest culinary gem released by famed food writer and cookbook author extraordinaire Dorie Greenspan, is titled Around My French Table. It is the perfect name for this book, as every page is written and photographed in a manner that is inviting and homey. You actually feel as if you're sitting around Dorie's table.

There are helpful tips scattered throughout, along with serving and storing suggestions for each recipe. I love the personal stories and fun anecdotes included that make this a book you will want to read from cover to cover. The recipes themselves make French food accessible to the average home cook, guiding you through each dish so well that you almost swear you can hear Dorie whispering instructions in your ear. Dishes that at first glance appear complicated turn out to be straightforward, and recipes range from classic French cuisine to more modern twists like Cheesy Crème Brulée.
on January 9, 2011
This book is a treasure. It is filled with delicious recipes and stories (often funny) about how the recipe came to be. The recipes are often much easier than one would think, and most of the ingredients are available in numerous countries. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in cooking delicious food.
on February 28, 2013
This book has fast become my go-to when we have visitors, and it never disappoints. Every single recipe I have tried has been a magnificent success. They are all easy to follow and with perfect order and timing, even for the most complicated dishes and pastries. I am decided to try every recipe, because every dish we haven't tried is our loss, I am certain of it!
on November 26, 2015
One of the best cooking books I own! Every single thing I tried came out really well. The recipes are clear and concise and the anecdotes that accompany them are delightful. There were a lot of helpful suggestions and variations of the recipes.

another bonus is that the dishes are not soaked in butter and can be a part of a healthy diet. The ingredients for recipes are usually something that most cooks have in their pantry/fridge and/or easily accessible in North American stores.

Will be buying this book as a gift for my cooking friends.
on August 25, 2015
The best cooking book I have ever bought. It is worth every single penny of it price. The recipes are so simple but very delicious, and very light. However, it does require some cooking technique for a fair amount of the recipes. It is worth spending time to read thru Dorie's page(s) long description of the cooking technique required to get the perfect result.
on February 12, 2011
Many excellant recipes with clear step by step instructions. Also lots of hints on how to change things a bit for more variety. Highly recommended.
on January 9, 2015
I'm a huge fan of Dorie. Her recipes never fail and also easy to follow.