5.0 out of 5 stars ESPecially for people who want to know themselves and others
I really have no idea who Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers are, but somehow, they've managed to find out every little thng about every person I know and placed that information on the pages of this book.
Published on May 9 2004 by Dean Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book but it misses alot
I read this book several months back, while i found it somewhat accurate, it misses alot. Read the book Secrets Of Your Rising Sign by William Lamb for a much better look at who you are and how the time of day determines the obvious things about you.The time of year is a more subtle influence.
Published on April 11 2004 by Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars ESPecially for people who want to know themselves and others, May 9 2004
Dean Anderson (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
Whenever people come over and want to get a quick thumbnail sketch about someone, they just find that person's birthday and turn the the corresponding page. There, in a concise but surprisingly in-depth essay, is a bit about the standards and practices of whatever birthdate you're looking at! Included are celebrities who were also born on that day throughout history and a few other interesting tid bits.
It makes for a fascinating party game, to find out just how "true" you think these comments are for you. So far, everyone I know has said they've been nailed to a tee by this book. I ask you... can everyone be wrong?
Highly recommended (for entertainment purposes only).

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasured by me and all my friends/students, July 24 2007
Sarah Rainsberger (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
I was given this book as a gift since I have studied astrology for years. While it's true that this doesn't use all the calculations of a horoscope, it is amazingly accurate and loved by everyone who reads it. It resides in the lobby of my tutoring business and all the high school/university kids love it, and several have purchased copies for themselves.

There's no good reason why a book like this should be so good (accurate, entertaining, enjoyable), but it just is. I am at a loss to explain it, but everyone loves this book.

If you like this sort of thing, then you will absolutely love this book. I have read all of the other "birthday books" out there, and this is not only my favourite, but the only one I consider to be any good.

I'm not thrilled with the relationship book in this series, but I do also own the "relationship/birthday workbook" (the 144 page one that's about $6). Don't let the title fool you -- this is actually more like a "birthday keeper" with a very brief description of each day (about a week to a two-page spread) and then space for you to write down whom you know with birthdays on each day. The only relationship advice it gives you is to "look at which weeks you have written in a lot of names, then you'll know which sort of people you get along with." Not useful from that standpoint, but it is a nice little hard-cover/spiral bound organizer for bdays that I keep on my desk turned to the current week. Sure, you could use an online service, but then you'd be missing the insight and power of "the birthday book" (as it's come to be known at our place).

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing!, June 19 2004
L. Chestnut "laurena_marianna" (Rock Hill, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
I happened across this book in a store, and it is so right on. I not only looked up myself, but also my family members and boyfriend. It was so accurate it was scary! While some of the descriptions can be somewhat ambiguous, it is fun to read and has a ton of information not only about each day of the year, but also different parts of each month and zodiac sign.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, Feb. 13 2014
This is the first book that I have read that is at least 85% accurate. My sister and I started reading everyone we knew. My sister's mother in law did not fit and so we looked on the next day which she did. We found out that her mother in law was born on the next day but since she is in her late 90's the day was recorded wrong and no one ever changed it.
I would definitely recommend this book and have

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a hit with everyone, Dec 28 2013
Catherine M. Gilbert (Campbell River BC) - See all my reviews
I had seen this book at a friend's and was impressed by its accuracy. I gave it as gifts to three other people who just love it. It is unusual as it doesn't just look at your sun sign, but your actual day of birth. So much fun looking up everyone you know!

4.0 out of 5 stars More Bookish Thoughts..., Feb. 6 2014
Reader Writer Runner (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
Bona fide science or generalized nonsense? Certainly, much controversy surrounds astrology and its claims to accurately determine the characteristics of a person born on a certain day of the year. But Gary Goldschneider's hefty, 800+ page reference book will give even the most ardent non-believers pause for thought.

"The Secret Language of Birthdays" delves into astrological detail extending far beyond the usual look at sun signs. The book includes a myriad of information including birthstones, colours, plants, trees and musical keys that bear relevance to each zodiac sign. Goldschneider divides each zodiac month into five separate periods and attaches an image to each period in the form of a single word or a two-three word phrase at most. He then divides the entire zodiac year into 48 periods revisits each subdivision of the relevant zodiac sign in greater detail. Finally and most entertainingly, he gives 366 descriptions, one for each day of the year, of the personology of a person born on that day.

Goldschneider impressively combines numerology, tarot and the influence of the minor planets in his readings. He gives each day a fascinating, one-line heading which captures the persona portrayed in the reading ("The Day of Language", for example). He describes the strengths and weaknesses of each persona and even includes a mantra for each to follow. Any person reading his or her relevant entry might find it uncannily accurate...or not. Regardless, the book dispenses valuable advice on areas of personal development and growth. A fantastic resource for both the mildly interested and the astrological junkie.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, Sept. 1 2013
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
My friend had the book so I ordered one. I love it.. it answers many questions... I would like to order another one in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun, April 26 2013
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
I bought this for a gift for my daughter. We have used this book in our family for many years. The children and grandchildren love to read what the future may hold for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, everyone is interested in themselves., Jan. 18 2013
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
This is one of those books that everyone loves to read. We all love to hear about ourselves and the people around us. This book has something for everybody and is very entertaining at a social gathering, we pull it out at dinner parties, tell our birthdate, and then listen to the description of who we are according to the Book. Lots of ooooohs and aaaahhhhs.
Everyone loves it and asks where we got it, they want one too!
A book for all ages, young or old, very entertaining, you won't regret it.
This is a great gift as well, we get everyone to sign the page of their Birthdate and then
we won't forget their special day, it could become a keepsake.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Oct. 18 2010
Clutzymonkey (calgary, alberta, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) (Hardcover)
this book is a great book to get to know people in your life it has pinned down everyone I know

ARRAY(0xb00bdec4)

The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue)
The Secret Language of Birthdays (reissue) by Joost Elffers (Hardcover - Oct. 21 2003)
CDN$ 52.00 CDN$ 32.60