4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative yet lacking
Published on Jan. 16 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not sure if information is valid
The book is definitely interesting and some of it is accurate but I found that more times than not I was dissapointed with the description of relationships as I read this book to myself and to several friends, a lot of the time it didn't necessarily make sense with how I or we view the relationship and I (we) didn't agree with what was said. I do however continue to...
Published on July 21 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative yet lacking, Jan. 16 2003
By A Customer
I thought this book did very well describing the nature of the relationships but is written in the negative perspective. The categories of best and worst relationships were incredibly vague and really didn't give you a solid description. In some ways the authors seemed disgruntled with marriage. The only question remaining, what is better marriage or love? Is there an order? Otherwise an entertaining book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Matching Up People One Relationship At A Time..., May 9 2004
Dean Anderson (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
Goldschneider and Elffers strike again with this companion book to their "Secret Language Of Birthdays." Here, they split the calendar into 48 segments... "weeks" (though not 7 day weeks) based on where they fall in the zodiac. then, after giving you insights about what each week means, they spin that cosmic wheel and match up each of the 48 groups with every other group, providing you a prediction of how everyone can and should relate to one another, based on this element.
As they do in "Birthdays" they spotlight celebrity examples of such relationships... some more valid than others: for example in one case, the "relationship" showcased was for Madonna and Eva Peron!
There are problems with the concept, and it's tough to boil down the nuances of a relationship into just a handful of paragraphs. But know this: they predicted Ben and JLo's breakup long before there was a hint of it in the air! Maybe more celebs should consult this tome before consulting their wedding planners!
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars insanely insightful!!!, Oct. 11 2001
Maya León (Neumünster, Germany (previously, Bozeman, MT)) - See all my reviews
I must give this book an absolutely wonderful review. It has helped me to understand things about myself and my relationships with other people that has really helped me to change myself and therefore my to change my relationships for all the better. This particular book by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers gives insight on all relationship combinations throughout the year, giving the weaknesses, strenghts and everything in between in the realtionship. The only reason this or any other astrology/personology book would ever not make sense to anyone, is because of the failure to recognize qualities within yourself, others, or your relationships. So, if something you read in this book or any other for that matter, doesn't seem at all like what you percieve in your reality, take a step back from the situation and look at it with a broader perspective. There were many things that I realized to be true about myself and my relationships after reading this book. It's truly incredible. I love it! I reffer back to it all the time and I can't wait to buy the other books by Goldschneider and Elffers about Destiny and Birthdays. I hope that all of you out there will give these books a chance! They are simply wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars ASTONISHING IN ITS ACCURACY!, Dec 3 2002
I don't know how these authors did it, but they're definitely on to something! I have had friends and family look up various relationships in the coffee-table-type book, and 9 times out 10, they are amazed by the accurate idiosyncrasies involved in their various references. Because many are skeptical at first, it's funny to see their faces and reactions when something hits home. Every single pairing I've looked up is right on the money. This book is invaluable for any type of relationship between two people: co-workers, siblings, spouses, friends or even boss-employee relations. The authors do an excellent job in their explainations: they are brief, clear and precise. A wonderful gift book because both friends & family will be - for the most part, anyway - fascinated and impressed by this astrologically influenced wisdom guide. For a great companion piece, check out THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF BIRTHDAYS by the same authors.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book, But Difficult For Some, March 4 2001
Mr Andrew AW McDonald (London, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great book - especially if read in along with The Secret Language of Birthdays. It silences all of those people who say astrology can't work because there are only 12 signs and billions of people by cutting the clasifications down into weeks. You are defined by the week you were born in, and you relate to people in other weeks in unique ways. If you are able to read the information with an open mind - and figure out when they are referring to a LOVE relationship, or a FRIENDship, or a FAMILY relationship, then it can be very accurate. Obviously, due to the huge number of possible outcomes, there isn't much space to go into detail, but this book has helped me to uncover the secrets of those niggling relationships that never seem to get off the ground - a difficult boss, a jealous friend etc. and I have been able to see those relationships from the other person's perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply astounding...., Feb. 18 2001
RCBLAKE (Fort Worth, Texas) - See all my reviews
If you have any interest at all in astrology, numerology, etc., and their impact on personality and relationships, you must read this book. You won't put it down until you've read and analyzed every personal relationship you share with members of your family, friends, and co-workers. And what's more, you'll find the in-depth descriptions of personality traits chillingly accurate. I found that the descriptions of relationships between various weeks of birth to focus too much on the negative but even so, the personality descriptions reveal traits and inclinations that will give you goosebumps with their 'bullseye' accuracy. Read about your own week of birth and its corresponding traits and you might find yourself chuckling or weeping as it will reveal not only your quirky, magnetic qualities but your deep-seated fears and inhibitions. I can only say 'Buy it...read it'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Gift, April 9 2000
By A Customer
Before reading this book I was highly skeptical of anything mystical. During a desperate search to understand the 'why' of a failed relationship, I discovered the hard truth in this book. The more I study this book, cross-referencing all the various relationships in my life, the more I realize how incredible (and accurate) it is. I began to study the other two books by the same authors, The Secret Language of Birthdays, and The Secret Language of Destiny. Both amazing! It has opened my eyes to a whole new level of spiritual awareness. Be sure to study it thoughtfully! I've noticed that cursory glances do not reveal the true accuracy of this work! If you think it's wrong...LOOK AGAIN...you may be surprised! It is a wonderful compassion tool and it will help us all to understand each other better. Needless to say, my whole spiritual outlook has changed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Gift, April 9 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, July 15 2001
By A Customer
Since i am on the cusp of capicorn and aquarius if i wanted to read opon the capicorn-aquarius i would havve to read the capicorn part and then the aquarius part. However, in the The Secret Language of Relationships it provides 5 sets of each individual. For example a typical capicorn would be: capicorn-saggiturus, capicorn I, capicorn II, Capicorn III, and capicorn-aquarius. Dividing the signs into 5 differnt characteristics make sense it provides you with the reasoning on why you may hate one capicorn yet love the other. This book not only shows you the 5 sets of each individual sign it also shows you how compatible you are with each other individual sign as well as yourself on areas such as love, marriage, work, family and friendship. This book is strongly recommend...

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK, Jan. 20 2002
By A Customer
As a novice astrologer, this book is a blast! From what I can tell, the book divides each sign into different decanates (a week for each decanate), plus a week for the cusp born of each sign. The cusp sections are very informative. I'm a Cusp and I've always found it hard to find a good description of my sign. I love to ask people their birthdate so I can look them up in this book.
It also provides compatability between any two decanate weeks in the zodiac.
This book is one of the only astrology books so far that really helped me to learn more about myself. It's also very accurate in the descriptions of my family in friends. I mean REALLY freaking accurate.
...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Secret Language of Relationships (reissue)
The Secret Language of Relationships (reissue) by Joost Elffers (Hardcover - Oct. 21 2003)
CDN$ 37.00 CDN$ 23.20