4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative yet lacking
Published on Jan. 16 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
It's interesting, and unique. It draws from the popularity of "The Secret Language of Birthdays", but not as good. Get the other book. It's more worth it.
Published on Sept. 15 2000 by icejava

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative yet lacking, Jan. 16 2003
By A Customer
I thought this book did very well describing the nature of the relationships but is written in the negative perspective. The categories of best and worst relationships were incredibly vague and really didn't give you a solid description. In some ways the authors seemed disgruntled with marriage. The only question remaining, what is better marriage or love? Is there an order? Otherwise an entertaining book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Matching Up People One Relationship At A Time..., May 9 2004
Dean Anderson (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
Goldschneider and Elffers strike again with this companion book to their "Secret Language Of Birthdays." Here, they split the calendar into 48 segments... "weeks" (though not 7 day weeks) based on where they fall in the zodiac. then, after giving you insights about what each week means, they spin that cosmic wheel and match up each of the 48 groups with every other group, providing you a prediction of how everyone can and should relate to one another, based on this element.
As they do in "Birthdays" they spotlight celebrity examples of such relationships... some more valid than others: for example in one case, the "relationship" showcased was for Madonna and Eva Peron!
There are problems with the concept, and it's tough to boil down the nuances of a relationship into just a handful of paragraphs. But know this: they predicted Ben and JLo's breakup long before there was a hint of it in the air! Maybe more celebs should consult this tome before consulting their wedding planners!
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASTONISHING IN ITS ACCURACY!, Dec 3 2002
I don't know how these authors did it, but they're definitely on to something! I have had friends and family look up various relationships in the coffee-table-type book, and 9 times out 10, they are amazed by the accurate idiosyncrasies involved in their various references. Because many are skeptical at first, it's funny to see their faces and reactions when something hits home. Every single pairing I've looked up is right on the money. This book is invaluable for any type of relationship between two people: co-workers, siblings, spouses, friends or even boss-employee relations. The authors do an excellent job in their explainations: they are brief, clear and precise. A wonderful gift book because both friends & family will be - for the most part, anyway - fascinated and impressed by this astrologically influenced wisdom guide. For a great companion piece, check out THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF BIRTHDAYS by the same authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZINGLY ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!, July 9 2002
"loscarpenteros" (WAIKOLOA, HI United States) - See all my reviews
THIS BOOK IS EXCELLENT! I HAVE NEVER READ ANOTHER ASTROLOGY BOOK THAT HAS BEEN MORE RIGHT ON. I HAVE HAD FRIENDS THAT THOUGHT IT WAS JUST O.K. AND SAID THE BOOK REALLY DIDN'T DESCRIBE THEM ACCURATELY AT ALL. I THEN READ THE SAME PERSONAL PROFILE OF MY FRIENDS AND IT WAS THEM TO A TEE! THE ONLY REASON SOMEONE WOULD SAY THIS BOOK IS NOT ACCURATE, IS BECAUSE THEY NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THEMSELVES AND THERE RELATIONSHIPS MORE OBJECTIVELY. THIS BOOK IS A MUST! IT HAS MADE ME UNDERSTAND PEOPLE AND RELATIONSHIPS BETTER.

5.0 out of 5 stars on the nose, July 1 2002
By A Customer
everything the book says is eerily accurate, even when you don't necessarily want it to be. the relationships are right on -- i can't stop reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Language of Relationships- VERY GOOD BOOK!, April 9 2002
melissa elsehamy (Lindenhurst, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in astrology. The book was on point with every person that I looked up including myself, I was completely amazed at how accurate the book was. I've read several astrology books and this is my favorite book. The relationship section was just as accurate, though it left me wanting to know more...I'm constantly using this book as a reference. You won't be disappointed with this book at all if you buy it and plus you'll use it all the time! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK, Jan. 20 2002
By A Customer
As a novice astrologer, this book is a blast! From what I can tell, the book divides each sign into different decanates (a week for each decanate), plus a week for the cusp born of each sign. The cusp sections are very informative. I'm a Cusp and I've always found it hard to find a good description of my sign. I love to ask people their birthdate so I can look them up in this book.
It also provides compatability between any two decanate weeks in the zodiac.
This book is one of the only astrology books so far that really helped me to learn more about myself. It's also very accurate in the descriptions of my family in friends. I mean REALLY freaking accurate.
...

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how, but . . . ., Nov. 9 2001
By A Customer
I don't know how, but this book has given me insight to every relationship that I have 'looked up'. I don't know how it does it, but it does it - from family to friends to co-workers; you WILL learn something!

5.0 out of 5 stars insanely insightful!!!, Oct. 11 2001
Maya León (Neumünster, Germany (previously, Bozeman, MT)) - See all my reviews
I must give this book an absolutely wonderful review. It has helped me to understand things about myself and my relationships with other people that has really helped me to change myself and therefore my to change my relationships for all the better. This particular book by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers gives insight on all relationship combinations throughout the year, giving the weaknesses, strenghts and everything in between in the realtionship. The only reason this or any other astrology/personology book would ever not make sense to anyone, is because of the failure to recognize qualities within yourself, others, or your relationships. So, if something you read in this book or any other for that matter, doesn't seem at all like what you percieve in your reality, take a step back from the situation and look at it with a broader perspective. There were many things that I realized to be true about myself and my relationships after reading this book. It's truly incredible. I love it! I reffer back to it all the time and I can't wait to buy the other books by Goldschneider and Elffers about Destiny and Birthdays. I hope that all of you out there will give these books a chance! They are simply wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, July 16 2001
By A Customer
Since i am on the cusp of capicorn and aquarius if i wanted to read opon the capicorn-aquarius i would havve to read the capicorn part and then the aquarius part. However, in the The Secret Language of Relationships it provides 5 sets of each individual. For example a typical capicorn would be: capicorn-saggiturus, capicorn I, capicorn II, Capicorn III, and capicorn-aquarius. Dividing the signs into 5 differnt characteristics make sense it provides you with the reasoning on why you may hate one capicorn yet love the other. This book not only shows you the 5 sets of each individual sign it also shows you how compatible you are with each other individual sign as well as yourself on areas such as love, marriage, work, family and friendship. This book is strongly recommend...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Secret Language of Relationships (reissue)
The Secret Language of Relationships (reissue) by Joost Elffers (Hardcover - Oct. 21 2003)
CDN$ 37.00 CDN$ 23.20