4.0 out of 5 stars Good honest story
Published 14 months ago by Louisboi514

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad Bad...
I received this book with the anticipation of reading a good story about a man with an interesting view on the sport of hockey and life.

Published on Jan. 18 2012 by EastCoaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Good honest story, Jan. 29 2013
Louisboi514 (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy (Hardcover)
I found this book was very interesting. It is an honest story about a man who achieved relative success in his field. No one is perfect, I don't think biographies are made to judge individuals, but more to learn from them. Reading this book, I didn't see Laraque's arrogance like one of the other reviewers said he did. I saw an honest man who was simply giving his opinion on subjects from his point of view. It's a different matter if you agree with his life decisions or not, we are all human at the end of the day. All in all I thought it was a very interesting story that anyone can certainly learn something from.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Oct. 14 2013
book is really good and gives great detail about how he grew up through the racism and challenges he had to go through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great experience., Dec 23 2011
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I received my order. The seller was great. The only downside was that the packaging had the contents labeled on the outside. My husband got the delivery and totally knew what he was getting for Christmas. Lol.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad Bad..., Jan. 18 2012

I read the teaser 1st chapter on a Kindle app and it did draw me in. After the first chapter the book went down hill. George Laroque proved himself to be the most self righteous man alive. A few examples, he ran a stop sign, caused a major accident but it wasn't his fault he did't see the stop sign. He left the mother of his children within a year of them being born, but not his fault his parents didn't like each other so he didn't want to do the same thing.

George Laroque honestly believes his 5min/game had the same effect on teams as a star player like Doug Weight in Edmonton, or Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh. He knew better than his coaches be it Jacques Martin or Wayne Gretzky. His stances on PETA, etc are just nauseating. I do respect his passion for Haiti, but even that seems to be a shameless look at me I'm better than you. This is a man who believes he has never did anything wrong, it was always someone elses fault. I cannot recommend this book and I wish I hadn't read it.

ARRAY(0xa906839c)

Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy
Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy by Georges Laraque (Hardcover - Nov. 8 2011)
CDN$ 32.00 CDN$ 20.06