march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 21, 2016
very slow
on April 30, 2015
George was better on the ice!
on October 14, 2013
book is really good and gives great detail about how he grew up through the racism and challenges he had to go through.
on January 29, 2013
I found this book was very interesting. It is an honest story about a man who achieved relative success in his field. No one is perfect, I don't think biographies are made to judge individuals, but more to learn from them. Reading this book, I didn't see Laraque's arrogance like one of the other reviewers said he did. I saw an honest man who was simply giving his opinion on subjects from his point of view. It's a different matter if you agree with his life decisions or not, we are all human at the end of the day. All in all I thought it was a very interesting story that anyone can certainly learn something from.
on January 18, 2012
I received this book with the anticipation of reading a good story about a man with an interesting view on the sport of hockey and life.

I read the teaser 1st chapter on a Kindle app and it did draw me in. After the first chapter the book went down hill. George Laroque proved himself to be the most self righteous man alive. A few examples, he ran a stop sign, caused a major accident but it wasn't his fault he did't see the stop sign. He left the mother of his children within a year of them being born, but not his fault his parents didn't like each other so he didn't want to do the same thing.

George Laroque honestly believes his 5min/game had the same effect on teams as a star player like Doug Weight in Edmonton, or Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh. He knew better than his coaches be it Jacques Martin or Wayne Gretzky. His stances on PETA, etc are just nauseating. I do respect his passion for Haiti, but even that seems to be a shameless look at me I'm better than you. This is a man who believes he has never did anything wrong, it was always someone elses fault. I cannot recommend this book and I wish I hadn't read it.
on December 23, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I received my order. The seller was great. The only downside was that the packaging had the contents labeled on the outside. My husband got the delivery and totally knew what he was getting for Christmas. Lol.