Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on October 30, 2015
Easy, good read.
on September 11, 2015
They are a nice easy ready, a good filler. Not intriguing at all and very predictable. I prefer her earlier books.
on August 30, 2014
Enjoyable reading.
on August 16, 2014
Very excellent. Too often enjoyed writers who have written too many books become rather dull. Not her so far.
on August 26, 2003
This book is three short stories in one. It is best to read "For the Roses" before you read these books, so that you understand the Claybourne family better.
"ONE PINK ROSE" is the story of Travis Claybourne. Travis is sent by Mama Rose to pick up Emily Finnegan, and deliver her to her groom, O'Toole. Emily is a headstrong girl, who Travis finds difficult to understand, yet intriguing to know more of. While I enjoyed this first book, I did not feel that I really got to know either Travis or Emily. Travis was the one brother in "For the Roses" that I never felt got as much attention as the others. I was hoping for a little more insight into his character, other than his liking of debate and "The Republic," which was already explored to some extent in "For the Roses." Overall, this book rates, in my opinion, a 3/5 stars.
"ONE WHITE ROSE" is the story of Douglas Claybourne, the quiet brother. Douglas bought an Arabian horse six months prior, and finally has time to go collect the animal. When he arrives at the home of Parker Grant, he finds Isabel Grant, his wife, giving birth. Soon, Douglas discovers that Parker Grant has died, and Isabel is being harassed by the town bully. The ultimate reason for the harassment of the bully is a surprise, and I won't give it away here. By far, Douglas' story was the best of these three. I felt that Isabel and Douglas got to know each other, and truly fell in love. It seems that Julie Garwood took an extra liking to Douglas, and focused more on his story. I give this book a 4/5 stars.
Finally, "ONE RED ROSE" the story of Adam Claybourne, the head of the Clayborne family. This story was a complete disappointment. I had expected more from this courageous leader, then a story not worth the effort to read. I knew and respected Adam more when I first met him in "For the Roses." I hope one day, Julie revisits this tale, and improves it greatly. Just skip reading this one. 0/5 stars.
If you are a fan of the Claybournes (as most Julie fans are) this series is a must have. Read tibits of Adams' story. Douglas' story is worth the effort.
on January 26, 2003
Her books are awsome! She is one of the top romance writter in my book I have read 17 of Julie Garwood's novels and she astounds me every time I read a new one. I suggest if you want to read this book start with the book "For the Roses" then go onto read "One Pink Rose", "One white Rose", and "One Red Rose" and then read "Come the Spring" These books are all about the Claybourne family and how they strived to survive raising an abandoned baby that they found in New York and turning her into a lady. After their little Mary Rose is grown up and Married to a highland Lawyer named Harrison each brother is tempted by women into settling down will the brothers run or face the destiny that MAMA Rose tricks them into.
on November 19, 2002
Overall I love Julie Garwood's historical romances - I haven't read her contemporary ones yet... However this historical one just doesn't cut it. The collection of short stories, has thin character development and weak plots. The stories are simply too simplistic and you never develop a connection to the characters.
on March 21, 2002
Personally, I like Garwood's Highland novels the best. This American trilogy seemed weak and lacking in basic emotion. On red rose was the best out of the three, it's the only one where the hero has even a chance to love anything about the heroine but her appearance. Unrealistic you expect me to believe that an African American was treated equally in the Wild West? Nice Utopia dream world Garwood has going there, something I'd be proud to have in the history books, but it's just not believable! The Clayborne guys are sweet though, and worth reading about if you have the time.
on December 5, 2001
This is the second book in Julie Garwood's series about the Clayborne family, so the stories make more sense if they are read in order...For the Roses, The Clayborne Brides and Come the Spring.
This book tells the stories of the Clayborne brothers Douglas, Travis and Adam and their adventures they had when they met their mates. After reading For the Roses, you are left with the need to read more about this exciting family, but this doesn't seems to have the "magic" that Garwood's books usually have.
I am a big Julie Garwood fan, so I do recommend reading this book, especially if you enjoyed For the Roses, however, it was not my favorite book by this author...and, if this is the only book of Garwood's you read and you didn't like it, give her another chance and read another one of her awesome stories. I recommend Honor's Splendor, The Bride, Ransom or her newest novel, Mercy.
on October 29, 2001
These three books were ok, however they weren't as exiting as Garwood's other novels. The stories were fast and there really wasn't that much passion for the charaters. I guess Garwood didn't have the space to write her usaual passion that she devotes to all her novals. I do have one question, isn't there one more brother who didn't get his book?