Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on February 26, 2003
I am torn by this book. I really wanted to love it, and for the most part, I did, but the plot is rather dark and depressing at times. These two lovers were destined to be together, but fate is doing everything it can to keep them apart. Between pride, misunderstandings, impotence, curses, and suicide they are doomed to never have a life of love together. Also, the circumstances regarding Callie and Talis's birth was very upsetting to me.
If you can get through the dark parts of the book, the love story is very emotional and touching. Their love is truly a love that spans eternity. The ending is a little cheesy and unbelievable, but so are most of Ms. Deveraux's books.
If you are a Jude Deveraux fan, then I would recommend this book. But, all in all, there are many better time travel books available (Diana Gabaldon, Dean Koontz, Nina Bangs).
Specializing in paranormal romance and fiction.
on April 25, 2004
this one was so aggravating to me. I really love books on reincarnation. I had read Knight in Shining Armour (my favorite Deveraux by far), and I understood from the description of this one, that it was sort of a new spin on the same theme. Well nope.
Don't get me wrong, I really loved how the mc got back to a previous life, and how she, in the previous life, went back to another previous life. But after that I skipped pages. I really did not want to know all about the childhood.
That middle part could have been compacted into two chapters, imho. That is where this book sells short for me. It is a pity though, because the ending did bring tears to my eyes. So that is why I give this book three stars in stead of two.
on February 8, 2002
This book started out with a lot of potential for being as good as A Knight In Shining Armor until the part where she introduces us to Talis & Callie. It ended up being a good portion of the book, but yet they never really got anywhere in their relationship. I felt like I was running (or in this case, reading) in place. It might just be the control freak in me, but I wanted to see them get more out of their relationship. I can't say too much more without giving the book away. All in all, this book is ok, but not filled with fulfilled romance.
on November 12, 2003
I really liked the idea of the past life regressions in a love story, but of the 3 different lives explored in the book, only one is really told in depth. This idea could have been developed further and you are cut off short by the abrupt ending. Very clever ideas, but the chain of events will catch you off guard. Just when you think you are about to read a historical romance about Edwardian England, you find out you're not. Clever but not her best.
on March 19, 1999
This book was heartwarming and well writen, but the author, as on many accasions, has put in two different stories into the same book, and it gets too confusing. I love the story of Talis and Callie, but the story should have been focused on just one of the plots, not all. If you have nothing to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon, I would suggest it, otherwise, just read the middle.
on June 25, 2001
I love past life books, so the premise hooked me. I enjoyed the first past life, but became lost when Callie and Talis were children. It went on and on and on. I found it unnecessary for so much to be made ado about that time. I would have enjoyed a longer drawn out ending. All in all, not a bad read though.