5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!
This book just made it into my top 10 favorite books. It's funny, sexy and suspenseful. I just fell in love with the book and with Theo! Julie Garwood is a great writer. If you like historical novels, you should try reading hers. They're all amazing.
Published on June 25 2004 by Nathania E.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Julie
I thought long and hard about what I should write. I review what others had said. Julie I'm begging you to at least write one or two Historicals mixed in with contempoary. I'm find that most of my beloved romance writers are taking a stab at mystery. I must say that so far I have not been overly impressed. I really, really loved your historicals. I understand the need...
Published on April 26 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars FIRST BOOK AND DEFINITELY NOT MY LAST!, July 8 2004
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
I WENT INTO THIS BOOK WITHOUT KNOWING JULIE GARWOOD'S WRITING STYLE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS BOOK. ONE THING I DIDNT LIKE WAS WHEN SHE USED THE PHRASE "OH BOY". IT WAS USED WAY TOO MUCH. OTHER THAN THAT THE BAD GUYS WERE BAD AND THE GOOD GUYS WERE GOOD.
THERE WERE LOTS OF TWISTS AND TURNS. I COULD HARDLY PUT THE BOOK DOWN. THE BEST TWIST WAS ABOUT DALLAS. I WAS SHOCKED! ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, June 25 2004
This review is from: Mercy (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, March 18 2004
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this book recently and I absolutely loved it. I am a huge Julie Garwood fan and although most of what I have read from this author has been in the historical category, I am a big fan for her more recent modern romance books. I also read "Heartbreaker" and "Killjoy", after reading "Mercy", but this one is by far my favorite. The story was mysterious, hilarious and romantic. I fell in love with the characters and they stayed with me long after I had finished reading the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mercy, March 15 2004
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
Julie Garwood has always been one of my favorite authors and this book was no disappointment. The main characters Mike and Theo were fantastic and I fell in love with the small town of Bowen and the neighbors residing there. I passed this around at work and all the girls have raved about it. When I do get it back, I plan to read it again. I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, March 8 2004
Elizabeth "lking173" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
I am a Julie Garwood fan, and while I enjoyed this novel, I have to admit that it had to grow on me. When I first read it, I stopped a few times because I felt the story line was a tad bit slow. Still I forced my way through it and the story picked up speed and ended up a wonderful thriller. Justice Attorney Theo gets seriously ill at a party and passes out right before throwing up on beautiful Dr. Michelle Renard. Michelle is a surgeon and saves Theo's life. Theo is instantly attracted to Michelle and the sparks fly and the beginning of a romance ensues. What Theo learns is that Michelle, even though she is this big city doctor, actually comes from a very poor small town and is returning to that town to open a practice. Theo, who is actually very burned out at his job and even though he doesn't realize it, big city life, visits Michelle in her hometown to get to know her better. What neither realizes though is that there is a secret organization that wants Michelle dead. This organization has also followed Michelle to her hometown. The story picks up from there. You meet all the good hearted but poor town folk while being immersed into Michelle's small time life. I enjoyed the book. Out of Julie's contemporary novels, this is probably my least favorite, but still a very good read. I would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cartoon Characters, Dec 31 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't imagine how this book was ever published. The author can't write. Her characters are one-dimensional cliches. The plot is thin and ridiculous. You would get more enjoyment for your money if you simply burned it. This book is a total waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read- Mercy has it all!, Nov. 20 2003
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the 2nd book, i've read by Julie Garwood (the first being Heartbreaker) and so far she is 2 for 2. What a great book- Mercy has romance, suspense, mystery..
Mercy is the story of surgeon Michelle Renard "mike" who is attending a society gala when Justice Dept attorney Theo gets stricken and needs emergent surgery. Theo is in Louisiana and helps investigate a secret club of white collar criminals. Together these 4 have secreted millions of dollars but they agree not to touch the money for 5 years.
The club's leader, John, plans to kill his wife Catherine and threatens their club's safety. Catherine is supposedly ill and John tells them it will be a mercy killing to end her suffering. They hire Monk to help them but it ends up that John is not telling the whole truth.
The club eventually targets michelle as she is the one person who can destroy them and expose their club. Theo helps her investigage and protect her.
The main characters were rich and believable and the story line was fast paced and exciting. Even better, the secondary characters of monk, Michele's dad (big jake) , theo's family and even the criminals enrich the story. Mercy is a great book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite, Aug. 28 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
Just couldnt put it down. Finished this book in a day and by the end I wanted to read it again. Excellent plots. This one HAS to be my favorite from Julie Garwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Humorous, Romantic, and Totally Fullfilling, June 16 2003
S. K. Leggate "Sunni" (Fernley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a novel that I could recomend to anyone, and would. It held my attention from beginning to end. It made me laugh, it made me hang on to the edge of my seat, it had some truly romantic scenes that made me want more, but it never once compromised the story line. This is a powerful novel that outlines the wonderful qualities of human nature while fighting some of the worst qualities of human anture. The characters are believable and very easy to relate to. Possible made for TV movie anyone? Although I could see it happening, I wouldn't want to see it happen as I am sure it would loose something. Kudos to Ms. Garwood for a job very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first and not last J.Garwood book!, May 24 2003
"pjdksmith" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mercy (Mass Market Paperback)
I LOVED this book! It had me laughing, OUT LOUD! I fell in love with the characters, both Theo and Mike and even Big Daddy Jake and the brothers, everyone!
I good bit of mystery, a bit of romance, a lot of intrigue, chase scenes that made my heart throb, and kissing scenes that did the same!
Thanks be to Julie Garwood. There are definately a few more books of hers I will read.
I have recently enjoyed Kay Hooper, Catherine Coulter, Sandra Brown, etc.

Mercy
Mercy by Julie Garwood (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 1 2002)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49