5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ
Published on March 1 2004 by sammyjazz

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great
ALthough I liked most of the story, I think that all the paranormal stuff could have been used much better. She can see ghosts, but does it matter to the plot? What does it matter that she makes traffic lights change or her plants bloom out of season? If she developed that part of the story more this would have been an awesome book. Instead it was just ok.
Published on March 31 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, March 31 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read, Sept. 19 2010
This review is from: Now You See Her (Audio CD)
I liked that this book was not a long drawn out one.
I totally enjoyed this one

4.0 out of 5 stars Spooky stuff !, June 8 2004
Beverley Strong (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Paperback)
Paris Sweeney, a reclusive,New York artist, finds that her style is changing to a more agressive and flamboyantly colourful one as she also realises that other aspects of her life are changing. At the gallery run by her friend Candra Worth, Sweeney, as she prefers to be known, meets and is immediately attracted to Richard Worth, Candra's estranged husband. After strange, periodic episodes of psychic happenings, Sweeney and Richard become involved in an intense love affair, leading indirectly to the murder of Candra.This may well sound like a soapie but it was SUCH a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, May 5 2004
C. Glover (Langhorne, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
About three fourths of the way through this book I realized it was not going to end well. There was just too much going on for everything to be tied up by page 325. Sure enough, I felt someone had torn the last 50 pages out of my copy. Of course, if it had not been a good story I would not have cared. But it was a good story, and different. I was caught up in it. I wanted all the ends tied up, all the mysteries solved. Unfortunately, the epilogue added nothing to the story. Was there a scandal? What happened to the senator? Most of all, what happened to Sweeney's gift? Was it lasting, could she help people before they died? Or was her gift to help solve the crime? Since she could see and talk to dead people why didn't she ask them why they were ghosts? What happened to her health? And what is the meaning of the title? I wanted more from the epilogue. Maybe Linda H. will revisit Sweeney in the future. P.S. I liked the romance between Sweeney and Richard. (...)

1.0 out of 5 stars Run, sweeney, run, March 31 2004
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
A truly annoying book that could only have been satifying to those who don't find opposing abortion incompatible with opposing gun control and supporting the death penalty. They believe in protecting human life as long as it's someone they like. When the "hero" learns that the new women he wants is likely to sleep with him after he gets a divorce - evidence of her high moral character in the romance world, but not in Tennessee - he ramps up the pressure on his wife, who has aborted his child. Her settlement requests aren't, at least at the point I bailed out, made to seem unreasonable.. At this point I found myself wanting to scream at the heroine, "Run, Sweeney, run." Seems like the irony of giving her what she wanted too late - after she had started the process that would end in her death would have made a more interesting book. A story of an obsessive man who smothers his targeted woman with care, and thens turns ugly when she doesn't live up to his perfect view would have also been more interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ, March 1 2004
"sammyjazz" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
Normally I am not a fan of parapsychological thrillers, but I put my prejudices aside and read this and I am very glad I did. The plot twists are wonderful and the romance is well done. Paris is caught between two people in a divorce--the man she loves and the woman who handles her art work. And for lack of a better phrase, she is having "Visions." No more ot I'll ruin it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!, Dec 30 2003
Romance junkie (Columbia, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Audio Cassette)
This is an excellent romance mystery. Loved the characters and the story keeps you intrigued. Great ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not up to par for LH, Aug. 29 2003
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
Another pretty good one by Linda Howard. Good plot, interesting and likeable characters. I'll have to say that the suspense and action weren't quite as good in this one as previous ones I've read, but it's still good. Actually, it started out really suspenseful - had me raising my eyebrows first thing.... however, the further along in the book I got, the less suspense there was. She didn't fool me at all with the twist at the end - had it figured out. Still yet, I enjoyed it.... the romance was good, the paranormal aspect was interesting (although I never had my questions answered), and it was an original plot. If you like LH, go ahead and read it for those reasons, if not the suspense. Honestly have to say that it's a 4 star romance, but only a 3 star suspense.

2.0 out of 5 stars a great idea but...., May 31 2003
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
I must say that the idea behind this book was very thought out and unique but Howard doesn't truly capture the heart of this story. I actually found myself falling asleep. It was boring and repetative! I got myself through the first 200 pages when it did start finally picking up the pace and was entertaining to read. Richard is every women's dream, wealth but down to earth and beautiful!! I really loved Sweeny's character, her flaws and just her true personality. She is one of the most complex characters to write and I give Howard at least half credit for trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Linda Howard's few paranormal romances, April 23 2003
This review is from: Now You See Her (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great piece of work about a woman who sees ghosts. An artist, she moves from a small town to New York City to get away from the torment of seeing ghosts of the people she once knew. One night, she begins painting in her sleep. The next morning, the painting depicts a greusome murder that actually happened.
She soon begins painting another picture, little by little, night after night. She needs to catch the murderer before her painting is finished.
True Linda Howard, this novel is exciting and surprising. Don't miss it!

Now You See Her
Now You See Her by Linda Howard (Mass Market Paperback - May 1 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01