march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on November 16, 1999
I am about halfway through this traveler's edition, and have learned a great deal. I have taken a classroom course in basic Japanese, and this tape series has taught me more about the "real" way to speak Japanese. My friend in Tokyo says that my Japanese is very good, and has improved a lot. A perfect way to spend my half-hour commute (each way) to and from work every day.
My only concern is what the unabridged "Japanese I: Pimsleur Comprehensive" version may be like. I hear that the Traveler's edition is the first half of the unabridged Japanese I. I would like to buy "Japanese I," but...a trade-up would be nice, or "Traveler's Edition 2."
I highly recommend this set of tapes.
on July 31, 2000
I am taking a beginners level Japanese course and I found the Pimsleur Japanese tapes a great supplement to the classroom work. I think it does a great job in providing positive feedback and confidence for a beginner. In contrast with some of the critical reviews I've read, I found the tapes to be very good. Sure, after the four tapes you're not going to be a native speaker. You will be familiar with the sentence structure and some verb use in a very painless manner. It's actually fun! I'd like to do the entire course, but the price of the complete course is high.
on September 15, 1999
I found the tapes to be quite helpful, and have but one complaint. The Compact Japanese set seems to cover the first half of the Traveler's Edition Japanese. I assume that the Traveler's Edition subsequently covers the first half of Japanese Level 1. It would be nice if one could purchase the second half of Japanese Level 1 alone, to complement the Traveler's Edition. I bought and used the Traveler's Edition, but hesitate to buy the Japanese Level 1, when the entire first half is a duplicate of the Traveler's Edition! Does anyone else have this complaint?