5.0 out of 5 stars This book is SO great!
When I was pregnant this was the first baby gift I received. I read it to myself (in my adult, monotone voice)and thought, "What the?"
Published on Feb. 29 2004 by heymargi

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much depth to this book
This book is very short, and there's not a lot to discuss with your child on each page. My 1 year old son just turns the pages as a matter of routine and doesn't really stop to look at what's happening on the pages.
Published 8 months ago by Andy Lam

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is SO great!, Feb. 29 2004
"heymargi" (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
Well, after my baby arrived I read it to her and now, 2 years later, I still read it to her and she says the words with me with the greatest animation a 2 year old can give. It is a very funny book to a small child and in turn becomes a funny book for the parent watching them get so much pleasure out of it. I recommend this one to anyone with a child under two. In fact, if I could only have 1 book for my child in her first 2 years, this would be it hands down! La..la..laaaa!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Nov. 30 2006
Tina D. (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
I started reading this book to my daughter when she was 4 months old. She is now 7 months old, and loves this book to pieces. She only needs to see the cover or hear me say "Moo, Baa, La La La" and her face lights up. Even though I've read this to her hundreds of times, I never get tired of the story, because she loves it so much. She has a lot of books, but her Boynton books are her favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moo Baa La La La, Dec 31 2003
...Loggie... "Loggie-log-log-log" (I live on the earth, in the western hemisphere, in North America, in the country of the United States of America, in Illinois in the town of Champaign) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
"A cow says moo. A sheep says baa. Three singing pigs say la la la!" This wonderful book by Sandra Boynton explores what sounds each animal makes. Not only do we learn what noises cows, sheep, and singing pigs make, it covers normal pigs, rhinos, little and pig dogs, cats and kittens, ducks, horses, and you. (Yes, I'm talking about you!)
My absolute favorite part is the singing pigs. 'Three singing pigs say LA LA LA! "No, no!" you say, "that isn't right. The pigs say oink all day and night."' The pictures are just as wonderful as the words. For the singing pigs, we see three pigs all dressed up in a chorus line, but for the normal pigs they are on all four feet without the clothes looking slightly gloomy because they aren't supposed to be singing. All the animals are cute, bright bold and colorful. This is another great book by Boynton.
Loggie-log-log-log

5.0 out of 5 stars For Children of All Ages, April 5 2009
Sarah L. Bell "Lover of Stories" (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
Sandra Boynton's classic look and sound are readily apparent in this children's board book. Short and simple, "Moo, Baa, La La La!" is an instant hit with all children. The illustrations are pure Boynton, with animal facial expressions that are both endearing and humourous. Little ones will want this book read over and over again. Before you know it, they will be making all the animal sounds right along with you. Be warned however, that you may need to buy more than one copy, as this book will be loved, cuddled, and poured over many many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for babies, Nov. 21 2007
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
The animal sounds are really entertaining and your child will give the biggest smile when you reach to the cats and kittens part! For a small child who cannot really understand the meaning of the more complicated books (apart for sensing the rythm of the speech) this is a perfect little book. I would definitely recomment it to other parents. My recommendation for older kids is the series 'Why Some Cats are Rascals'

5.0 out of 5 stars Facilitates Language Development, Oct. 9 2003
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
As an early intervention speech-language pathologist, I find this book irresistible from a language development perspective. The rhymes are engaging and simple and children delight in the absurdity of Boynton's text. Animal sounds are often some of the first "words" children acquire. I have used this as a clinician and I use it now as the mother of three pre-schoolers. A must-have for any pre-school library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lesson on how to teach animal sounds, Aug. 23 2001
Lanna Lucky "momoftwo" (Parker, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
I couldn't believe my son's daycare provider when she told me that this was his absolute favorite book. When I bought it for him, I thought it would just be another fun one to read. But, this book really, REALLY teaches kids the sounds animals make. My son wasn't really saying a whole lot of words yet, but when I would read this book, all I would have to say was the first part of the sentence "The cow says..." and he would entusiastically say "MOOOOOOOO". It is now to the point where I don't even need the book. I just say "The sheep says...", and he will say "BAAAA". This is such a cool tool to use to teach animal sounds to little toddlers. I highly recommend it to any parent whose child is just beginning to speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandra Boynton is the best!, Oct. 12 2000
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
This book is so fun! We bought "Moo, Baa, La La La", "But Not the Hippopotamus", "A to Z", "Fingers, Toes and Everything In Between", "Doggies" and "The Going to Bed Book", all at the same time. Our son was 1 at the time. Now we have a 2 year old daughter. They have both loved them so much, the books are falling apart from being read! We plan on having more children and will be buying the books again to replace the worn out ones! You will absolutely love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool for encouraging phonics, March 3 2001
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
Due to huge complications, my daughter needed a trachemotomy when she was 3 months old. She wasn't able to speak, since the trach is inserted below the voice box. When she finally had the trach removed at 2, Madison had severe speech developmental delay and required speech therapy. I bought this book mainly for the pictures (the eyeballs on those animals cracks me up!). However, I discovered that encouraging her to make the animal noises in the book was the beginning of her speech progress. Even her speech therapist commented on what a great book this was to encourage kids like Madison, mainly because saying words like "Moooo" and "Laaaa" are great exercises for the tongue and mouth. All Sandra Boynton's books are fun to read, but none so close to my heart as this one is!

5.0 out of 5 stars If I had to choose one single book it would be this one!, Aug. 23 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Moo, Baa, La La La! (Board book)
I am an American, first-time Mom, living overseas and am building a collection of kid's books, in English, for my 7 1/2 month old son. By chance, while on a trip to NY when my son was only 5 months old, I purchased this book. As sort of joke I immediately began reading this and other books to him thinking he was too young to respond. Boy was I surprised! If he even sees the cover from afar he grunts for me to read it to him! As soon as I finish he continues this over & over again! There are other books that he enjoys (Goonight Moon,Time to Sleep, Chicka Chicka ABC), however, none compare to his love for Moo Bah LaLaLa! As soon as those 3 words come out of my mouth he quiets. I am absolutely amazed and recommend this title to all new parents.

Moo, Baa, La La La!
Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton (Board book - Nov. 30 1982)
CDN$ 6.99 CDN$ 6.64