5.0 out of 5 stars totally engaging, memorizable
Published on Aug. 16 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars strange
I found it quite strange that the animals in the book 'exercised' before going to bed. They took a bath, brushed their teeth, then exercised? It's almost like they forced it to make the words rhyme ('And when the moon is on the rise, they all got up to exercise!). Or maybe I don't get the humor? I just don't want my child to think that exercise is part of bedtime...
Published on Oct. 4 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars totally engaging, memorizable, Aug. 16 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
My seven month old daugther hated her car seat. I have read this book to her so many times I have it memorized. My husband has it memorized and our daughter now 18 months old has it memorized. It continues to be her favorite book. It has stood up to some really heavy use. The rhymes are great. The imagery is easy for kids to understand, ie. brushing teeth, hanging towels on the wall, taking a bath, exercising, sun setting, saying good night. I cherish this book for helping us survive many long trips between KS and MI to visit relatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely MEMORY maker!, Sept. 5 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
Tonight while surfing through amazon I stumbled upon Sandra Boynton. Remembering how fond my children were of her board books when they were toddlers, I read a few of the reviews. I laughed and cried thinking about how frequently "The Going To Bed Book" was read in our household and how IMPORTANT it became in our bedtime ritual. Out of curiosity I pulled the old book from our library shelves and went to my kids, now 15, 12 and 9 and began to recite a few lines. *NOTE - I didn't actually NEED the book in order to do this. To my delight each of them perked up, smiled and began to chant the lines right along with me. They remembered the characters, the words, the way we used to read the story. You see, for them the memories of this book are wonderful as well!
Sandra Boynton is gifted at coupling wonderful, readable verse with delightful illustration. Don't miss this book and don't hesitiate to purchase others from her collection. We have HUNDREDS of read aloud childrens books in this house. This ranks right up there with the absolute favorites and should be IMHO amongst the first books read to a cherished babe.
P.S. Don't miss "Doggies" either! If you read this one with FEELING they'll be begging for it time and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Classic Boynton!, May 3 2004
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
Next to Goodnight Moon, this is our top choice for a bedtime read. The text is lulling & the drawings are adorable.
The animals are on a boat (some say this is confusing to children - it is supposed to be silly!) and they are getting ready for bed. They go through the usuals - bathtime, jammies, teeth brushing...with a little goofiness thrown in - a little late night exercise! Just enough for a little grin before settling down.
Classic Boyton!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and rhythmic -- puts YOU to sleep for sure!, Feb. 10 2003
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
This book was written years ago
By now all parents HAVE to know
There's no finer way to fall asleep
Than Boynton's bouncy moose and sheep;
If you enjoy her rhyming words
Of geese and mice and bees and birds
There's no finer way to brighten kids' eyes
Than wrapping this up for their surprise!
Better fuel up on caffeine before reading this to your little guys, or its rhythms will soothe you to dreamland before you know it. I don't think this has gotten a bad review yet, so I think I'll just join the crowd in recommending this book to every parent, wannabe parent, or friend/relative of a parent. Or just buy it for yourself and read yourself to sleep... Boynton's classic bouncy animals sure beat counting sheep!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my children's favorite bedtime books, July 2 2014
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
One of my children's favorite bedtime books. I have been giving it to family and friends' children for over 20 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bedtime book, June 5 2014
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
Fantastic book for 0-3 with rhythm, rhyme, and a catchy story. The illustrations are colourful and playful too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars son loves it, Feb. 5 2014
My 22 month old son loves this book!!i purchased it on my iPad, we read it before bed. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed time book, Jan. 20 2014
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
What's not to love about a book that goes through bedtime routines and sets the stage for bed? All you need is the good night kiss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have the whole set., Nov. 9 2013
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
It really is a classic and must have for every kids library. My kids have usread it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: The Going-To-Bed Book (Board book)
This book is super cute! I love it and the message it gives and my daughter loves it! So many animals to look at and silliness and it's all about getting ready for bed and going to bed nicely. Love it!

The Going-To-Bed Book
The Going-To-Bed Book by Sandra Boynton (Board book - Nov. 30 1982)
CDN$ 6.99 CDN$ 6.64