5.0 out of 5 stars Here a ruff, there a woof, everywhere a bow wow
Published on May 30 2004 by Margaux Paschke

3.0 out of 5 stars JUST OKAY
Normally I love Sandra Boynton's books, but this one I was a little disappointed in. What parent wants to bark and woof for ten pages? That said my daughter does love looking at all the pictures of the different "doggies" which is why I gave it 3, and not 2 stars.
Published on Feb. 20 2003 by R. DRAGOMER

5.0 out of 5 stars Here a ruff, there a woof, everywhere a bow wow, May 30 2004
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
My two toddlers love - and I mean LOVE - being read this book. I, however, am not as keen. It's a good book, great even. I give it five stars! It's just that a true rendition of this counting book by dogs and their number of barks can be a little wearing on the adult reading the book. But it's well worth it when it's all said and done just to see the huge smile of my kids as I'm barking, woofing or ruffing. HELPFUL HINT: hide this book for special occassions! otherwise be prepared because your kids will always pull this out out for bedtime reading......

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it!!!!, July 19 2004
L. M. Mahoney (WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
My kids ages 1 and 3 love this book. The pictures are wonderful and they love all the different sounds that the dogs make. I enjoy reading this one to them. My son, age 1, asks for this one over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be shy when you read this one aloud!, Oct. 3 2000
Amy (Alexandria, Vatican City State (Holy See)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
My son laughs out loud when I read this book to him! Boynton starts with one dog ("Woof!") and progressively adds a dog and a sound until on the last page she ends with ten dogs with ten distinctive barks...and one cat in the corner.
My son loves to hear all of the different dog noises as interpreted by his mom, who is willing to ham it up for the little guy. After we've read it a few times he happily goes to the last page and woofs and arfs quietly to himself (he's just over a year old). A word of warning, though: when his dad tries to read this book to him in a much more laid back manner than I do, my son impatiently pats the book and tells daddy sternly, "Woof!"
I'm not sure if my son is learning to count from this book, but he surely is learning to love reading. Read this one where you can have fun with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggies is Fun, Nov. 21 2007
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
This book is a lot of fun. Not only is it my toddlers favorite, but everytime I read it to him, our dog comes and sits with us and starts howling. We probably read this book at least four or five times a week and it is enjoyed by all, including the dog! MY favorite page -- Six quiet dogs! Another great title is "Why Some Cats are Rascals"

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Sept. 3 2013
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
Purchased this for my daughter and son. This is part of there bedtime regime every night. I would also recommend the other books by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun to read!, April 24 2013
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
My nine month old loves dogs and loves having this book read to her. I'll only read this one when no one else is around as it can get pretty silly!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun little counting book, April 15 2013
Dobes Vandermeer "Software Engineer, Enlighte... (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
It's a fun way to go through all the numbers, and all the ways a dog can bark. My kids enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, Feb. 19 2013
Lesley (Cambridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
I love watching and listening to my husband read this book to my son! The different barks are hilarious and you can have a lot of fun with this book. It's always nice to have bedtime giggles!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son just read it to me, Feb. 18 2004
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
My son is almost 3 and is just learning his ABC's but with only a few days of reading this book he "read" it to me tonight for bedtime, barking correctly for each of the dogs and howling at the moon "like a coyote". My son enjoys the book and I think the simplicity is part of his attraction. For me the fun of this book is barking together. It's a great little book, but not recommended for people that can't ham it up a little. Also, if you get bored reading repetitious books, check it out from the library instead of buying it so you can take it back when you get tired of barking.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun to read, Sept. 12 2010
Chantal Boissinot (quebec city) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggies (Board book)
Sandra Boyton is fun to read to young kids. She has a very good sens of humor.

Doggies
Doggies by Sandra Boynton (Board book - Oct. 11 1984)
CDN$ 6.99 CDN$ 6.64