4.0 out of 5 stars Carnegie's done it again
Published on March 23 2003 by Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not indispensible
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living was written for those who often forget about today and think about tomorrow. Even though it was written some time ago, the advice given in this book can still be useful to anyone who aspires to live a joyful life.

Worry can take many forms: insomnia, difficulties to concentrate, symptoms of sickness. The message in this...
Published on April 20 2008 by B. Piché

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnegie's done it again, March 23 2003
It seems like such a silly thing to have to read a book on how to stop worrying, but trust me; you'll never learn as much any other way. Once again, Dale Carnegie proves to be the expert on self-motivation. Certainly this book won't cure you, but it will give you advice and insight on the better life you should be leading. A remarkably easy read. I do have one problem with Carnegie's book; he seems to focus a lot on religion, and to anyone who isn't "hip" with religion will find it distasteful. Also, I actually enjoyed his other book, How to Win Friends, more, but How to Stop Worrying is a nice addition into the self-help fanatic's library. If anything, it will slap you in the face and remind you that life is too important to waste time worrying about superficial matters. Some of us need that slap in the face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tips, Oct. 10 2009
Frederic Collette (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews
Sorry, English is not my first language.. At the end of the book, there are many little stories of people who have overcome their worries. I read that part before sleep in my bed, and I will never forget it. Someone explained that he lived with the arabs for 6-7 years and observed they had very little worry. I was impressed because I understood a little part of the way they see life and I took some ideas from this..and it works. Also another story talked about a guy understanding that train drivers cannot prevent or see everything that could happen on the way, they relies on lights... meaning that you cannot prevent too much, you must trust that a red light will show up when there's a problem.. your attention will naturally get to it. In my case, this book was worth the little price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful!, March 20 2001
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
Dale Carnegie compiles time tested wisdom in this book of principles on how to avoid worrying about problems you can't affect. Carnegie outlines some basic principles to help you stop worrying. He draws from common sense, from people who have achieved peace and happiness, and from the sayings of philosophers, business leaders and others. Although Carnegie wrote his book in the 1940's and some of his examples may seem dated, his basic principles are timeless - in fact, ahead of his time. He presents them in an easy-to-read, personal way. He draws on his own and other people's experiences to show a number of techniques for letting go of worries and becoming more productive. We at getAbstract recommend this self-development classic to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, June 11 2014
Excellent book to read and to get you back on track. Dale Carnegie teaches you how to make some great lemonade when life throws you some lemons.

5.0 out of 5 stars every problem has solution, May 21 2014
it's encourage every one to find a way to overcome his problems and stop worry about surround acts, because every problem has solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars are not enough, March 17 2014
I love this book I read it once or twice a year. The tips never get old they are great reminders as to not let external things weigh us down. I only wish everyone could read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, Feb. 4 2014
This book may have been written some time ago, but it's still very relevant to us today. My husband and I refer to it often, and we've bought extras to give to friends or family when it seems they'd benefit from it too. Recommend it highly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Poorly assembled - excellent content though, June 16 2013
The book is great, for it's content. But beware, the pocket books edition is poorly glued and it comes apart after reaching half way. So 1 star for the publishing company and 5 for the book itelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, May 24 2013
Jo - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I read this while on vacation and it helped my not worry about every little detail. It is common sense and easy to apply to everyday life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading., Dec 19 2012
I gave this book four stars because it was worth reading, full of ideas we should be living with, and a helpful reminder.
The pages of this book fell out, and amazon quickly replaced it.

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie (Hardcover - March 1984)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01