5.0 out of 5 stars I'll jump on that 5-star bandwagon!
I could repeat everyone else's comments, or I could just give a quick overview of why I think you should read this book.
Published on July 2 2004 by Steven Tursi

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright
This book had some very interesting ideas - but a lot is based on business - not personal. Thats it.
Published 21 months ago by Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll jump on that 5-star bandwagon!, July 2 2004
Steven Tursi (Suffern, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
This book is a must-read for any person serious about improving themselves as a manager, a husband or wife, a friend, or a person in general. There are a lot of mediocre self-help books out there, and its refreshing to go back and re-read The Magic of Thinking Big, which is one of the few that sets the standard. I would classify this at the same level as Think and Grow Rich and How to win Friends and Influence People. This is one of those rare books thats actually flawless, and thats why it gets 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of its kind. Very effective simplicity. Napoleon who?, Oct. 20 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
It is always shady when you see someone using the usual cliché "This book has changed my life!". While I usually don't
take those comments seriously (too much money wasted in 'life-changing' books, I guess) I have to admit that sometimes
a particular book hits you with more impact than usual and after a couple of years some self-examination might leave you
with the impression that perhaps the author has indeed influenced your choice of paths more than you would have expected.
This was the case with me and Dr. Schwartz's "Magic". I am not an intense fan of self-help and motivational literature,
but do read a title or two now and then. I have read many of the classics like Dale Carnegie's books (almost all), Napoleon Hill's "Think and grow rich", Covey's "The 7 habits of highly successful people" and others like "How to be a start at work",
"The power of positive thinking",Psychocybernetics" and many more that have sold millions, are mentioned everywhere and everybody seems to love.
Maltz, Hill, the list goes on. The fact it that so far no book of this kind has proven to be as effective with me as this one. I
even felt I have wasted too much money. Not the case with this particular book. This is the kind of title where you read things you already know, you are after all mostly just looking for motivation. That extra push to get you going in particular moments when things aren't flowing as easily as you'd wish. And for that use, my preference goes to books that have an honest simplicity. This title isn't verbose, it isn't very technical or full or scholarship, perhaps even some of its examples are fully fictional. The truth is that I don't care about that, because it has proven very effective.
If you are looking for something to motivate you (in any area), I suggest you try this title first. The effect with you might be quite different.
Perhaps Napoleon Hill's style suits you better (I truly disliked his books) or maybe some other author. But to many of us, Schwart'z approach is perfect. I first read this over a year ago, and can now look back and see certain aspects that were definitely made easier because if it. Overall, the only thing I regret is not having found this title much sooner in my life (I'm 27), but it will no doubt still prove useful for many years.
As a side recommendation, I suggest you combine this with the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, or the more accessible "The Art of Virtue" also based on Franklin's words, Dale Carnegie and as much wisdom and self-examination as you can come up with. The results won't be magic, but I'm pretty sure the improvement will be easy to notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete personality developement program..............., May 17 2004
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
David Schwartz is amazing.He raelly sets standard for his readers.This book is so wonderful,it will show its power only after reading 10 pages.Can you imagine what after reading complete book?
This book not only for MLM leaders but everyone of all ages should read it.
Author shows us how powerful our belief is,Then how to stop giving excuses,What is thinking big & how to think.How to use the power of words by speaking positive.
Our thoughts create our world.Change thoughts change your world.
This book will uncover the leader in you.Just follow your dreams & instructions given in this book.You & people around you will feel the different you in 1 month.
It worked for me, it will work for you too.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you follow the book's advice, you WILL improve your life, April 22 2011
Nicolai Michel (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
This book is nothing more than many pieces of excellent advice with descriptive examples. TMOTB tells you how to be a better employee, a better boss, a better entrepreneur, and a better partner in your relationships. If you read the book, make summaries on some cards, and gradually incorporate the lessons into your life, there is no doubt you will achieve more success in all aspects of your life. Of course, reading and having good intentions is easy; the difficult part is making the changes, putting in the necessary effort.
The reason I give only four stars is the following: the book was written a long time ago, and it shows. The examples are dated, "he" is used throughout, and women are portrayed in a manner outdated by a half century. Despite this major flaw, I strongly recommend the book to those determined to improve their lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very special book., Jan. 1 2010
S. Springer "Shane Springer" (Cave Springs, AR, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
This book belongs in most every library. Quite an inspiring book -- both lofty in its sentiments and frank in its discussions. It is an older book, and as such some of the language is sexist, but the same can be said of course for most great literature (Don't get me wrong-- I'm not implying that "The Magic of Thinking Big" is "great literature") of earlier eras. There are other flaws as well, but wouldn't you prefer a useful and memorable book that is slightly flawed to a "perfect" but dull book? I would.

I personally found this book useful, and I have also been moved by the wide variety of people in different walks of life who have written that this book changed their lives. Try it yourself, see if it moves you. I am confident there is something in it for you as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
Found this book as one that needs to be re read several times with a highliter or pen/pencil because of the vast amount of tips and suggestions that it provides. Not a book to just read BUT study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking Big is really thinking, Feb. 14 2009
Jean-Marc Dupuis (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
The magic of Thinking Big demonstrates the principles of success and achieving your goals. I read through the book in a week and will definitely re-read this book over and over as the principles in this book are highly motivational and positive. After reading each chapter I felt energized and motivated to apply the principles just learned. I highly recommend this book as the writing is easy to understand and gives excellent values to live by.

5.0 out of 5 stars sets the standard, Sept. 28 2003
Larry Hehn "Christian in the Rough" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
"Sow a thought and you reap an action. Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny."
The Magic of Thinking Big sets the standard by which all other 'self-help' books should be measured. This classic will help you break through the excuses that have held you back from personal success. You will learn how to build your confidence, destroy fear through action, and overcome obstacles to turn defeat into victory. The dollar figures and some of the words in this book are dated, but the principles are timeless.
This book is a self-administered training program. Although wordy at times, the last twelve chapters have summaries that help you condense and apply each lesson to your life right away. Each of the 13 chapters deserves to be read, re-read, digested and applied over time. One chapter per week will allow you to read it four times per year. Extreme? Perhaps, but if any book is worth such an exercise, this is one. Try it and see.
Start to sow big thoughts...and reap a big destiny.
Larry Hehn, author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory

5.0 out of 5 stars A Manual for Success, July 20 2002
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
Simple actionable advice for self-improvement. Basically, we are what we think, so think big.
1) Build confidence in yourself. Action reduces fear, so act.
Take small steps at first: Sit in the front everywhere you go, practice eye contact, walk 25% faster, practice speaking up, smile big, use positve words.
2) Think and dream creatively. Believe that it can be done and then the mind finds a way to get it done. Be open to new ideas and be progressive. Stimulate yourself with diverse ideas from diverse people. Capacity is a state of mind.
3) You are what you think. "The price tag you put on yourself, is probably the same price tag that the world will put on you." (pg 75) Dress up. Think your work is important. Think enthusiastically. Ask yourself if you are the type of manager that a subordinate would respect and follow?
4) Manage your environment because it is food for your mind.
People who tell you that it cannot be done are usually unsuccessful people.
5) Make your attitudes your allies. Live it up. Broadcast good news. Do better work that others expect. Remember people's names. Take initiative to build friendships. Talk less. Listen.
6) Get the action habit. Nothing happens just by thinking. Do not worry about problems. You can handle them as they come. Successful people handle problems as they arise. You cannot buy insurance on all problems. Start now.
7) Turn defeat into victory. Defeat is a state of mind. Be constructively self-critical; do not just look for another reason that you are a loser. Think that there IS A WAY. If it does not work, then back off and start afresh. Get mentally refreshed.
8) Use goals to help you grow. Goal is a dream acted upon. "The important thing is not where you were or where you are but where you want to get." (pg 195) Know where you want to go. Visualize your future.
9) How to think like a leader. Achieving success requires the help of others. Trade minds with the people you want to influence. "What would I think if I were that person?" Be human, and put people first.
The last words of the book, sum up its meaning:
"A wise man will be master of His Mind. A Fool will be Its Slave."

5.0 out of 5 stars Do You Have a Success Plan?, June 25 2002
Carmen Matthews "The Serene Samurai" (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magic Of Thinking Big (Paperback)
As with many books that I am writing reviews for, I first read this book more than 6 years ago, and have reread it many times thereafter.
And I am so happy to see, from the notes in my margins where I have learned to read people. This has given me a level of power that before reading this book was not even imaginable.
Thanks to reading this book, I have learned to be fully in the present moment, in 99% of my interactions with others.
And while fully in this moment, during excitement, I can seem to be too calm, but I am really mastering listening to the point that I am absorbing details, while I separate who my interlocutor is, from who I am, so that I make decisions, during our interactions that represent my highest self. I savor each moment, as I listen to my subconscious voice.
Dr. David Schwartz, advises the readers to be a scientist in the lab of human behavior. I am definitely that.
From this latest reread, I have created a new habit that has made me feel really great - and my customers feel really great. That habit is to answer the phone with, "Good morning. It's a awesome day. May I sell you some publicity/coaching lessons/seminars (whichever is appropriate)?"
Another habit which I acquired during the first read of this book is to write a commercial, to sell myself to myself.
My commercial is a one-page sales pitch, that repeats the product/service, which is "Carmen." It describes many things about me. And it reminds me to focus upon being big enough for what I want.
This book contains, literally hundreds of suggestions for readers to improve their ability to get the best out of life.
Read this book, because you deserve the best of yourself. And as you read this book, practice listening to your subconscious self, while you jot down a few notes in the margins.
This will condition you to listen to others, while you count upon yourself.

The Magic Of Thinking Big
The Magic Of Thinking Big by David Schwartz (Paperback - April 2 1987)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71