5.0 out of 5 stars A must Read Book
Published on Jan. 6 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Lose Little Lost Girl
I think Drew Barrymore is a good actress, but her biography was too whiny and self-centered for my likes. I can appreciate she went through tough times and eventually overcame them, but the style in which this book was written leaves the reader only thinking why in the heck have I made it this far?
Published on Nov. 4 2003 by Emily

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Read Book, Jan. 6 2003
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
There have been many books that I have read dealing with Drug additctions and family problems, but "Little Girl Lost" was by far the best book that I have read about this subject. Drew Berrymoore does a wonderful job showing the reader the life experiences that she encountered as a young girl and teenager. As a little girl in the spot light from the beginning due to a main roll in the movie E.T. Drew began her life knowing that she wanted to always act. Her mother being a single parent was not always there for Drew when she needed her the most and her father was never in her life. Drew started smoking cigarettes at the age of nine, drinking heavily and smoking pot by the age of twelve and then became addicted to coke soon after. Drew's book does not only give in full detail the experiences that she went through with her addictions but she really shows the reader exactly how hard it was to go through her life alone and what that did to her as a person. Soon after Drews addictions became out of controll,her mother admitted her into a hospital where she would begin her treatment. The way that Drew shared her experiences in the hospital made me feel like I was actually going through this at the same moment she talked about it. She showed the reader how powerful addictions are and how they really do take over your life. Also by writing about her experience she helped give hope to other people who can relate to having addictions, family problems, and then going through the process of recovery, the hardest step imaginable. Not only does she break down the steps of recovery but she also shows the reader that family problems are very complicated to deal with. Many people feel that just because some one is famous they live a life that is glorious. She was not affraid to come out and share her life changing story after her recovery and I feel that from her many people can learn a lot about family problems, addictions, and the way to help yourself and get through treatment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Old, Too Soon, Dec 26 2002
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
I started reading her book "Little Girl Lost" when I was fourteen-year-old. It taught me so much about the drugs and how they did to you. It was hard to imagine that a child star of ET found the fun she desperately wanted to have in the adult world where she soon became a club-hopper.She knew that it would lead her to club-hopping when she started starring in ET. Can't you imagine that she began smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and doing cocaine by when she was only twelve-year-old? Only she didn't talk about her addictions to drugs and alcohol, she talked about her Barrymore family, her relationship with her mother,her father who she never got in touch with and her career with movies and even rehabilitation she went to for her addictions by her mother.She went though the hard times and had a hard time being not to be honest with everyone as well as herself. She did really good sobering up and working really hard even though she had relapsed at least four times but at least she survived though the rehab and didn't get out of rehab until she was fifteen. My life was just like her expect that I never went to any nightclub and rehabilitaion before. Being famous can lead you to drugs and alcohol at parties and clubs if you're a little kid. Like Drew, everyone wanted her to be known as the youngest guest ever at every party and club. That was crazy. Drew never really had a normal childhood like every kid always should have. She spent her childhood like an adult which isn't okay. All of you who are Drew Barrymore fans or even non-fans of Drew should read that book because there is a lot of stories than you think. You all will love it so much. I couldn't put it down once I first started reading it! Let's get started!!!
Cheyenne

5.0 out of 5 stars Drew Barrymore Recounts Her Life ... and How She Survived, Feb. 22 2002
Tsuyoshi (Kyoto, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
Now Drew Barrymore is known as a star by younger generation through the hit movies like "The Wedding Singer" and "Charlie's Angels," but she was once remembered as wide-eyed, screaming little girl Gertie of "ET." But later on, she got involved in alcohol- and drug- related problems. After her rehabilitation in hospital she decided to confess what she felt during the nightmare. In 1990, then, "Little Girl Lost" was published.
Some thought, and even now may think, that the book is trying to exploit her scandal, but that is not simply true. The book records minutely her wild days after her sudden fame, but Drew does not lose her level-headed attitudes on her past, and honestly tells what happened in her life.
The book's contents cover the events from her birth to her day of recovery at fourteen, and naturally considerable part is devoted to her days of decline into drinking and drug. Drew doesn't conceal the truth about her personality, difficult relationship with her mother, many adventures resulting from her behavior, and hard days in the hospital. Her first-hand knowledge is, however, what many teenagers would feel in their own life, and probably many teens and adults alike can relate to the honest Drew; that is the best past of the book, and Drew's harrowing personal experience must not be dismissed as a simple, usual, celebrity's gossip you will forget next day.
And thanks to her wise decision, the book includes many pages recording her good days in Hollywood. The most memorable is her memoir during the shooting of "ET" and her friendship with the director Steven Spielberg. Her recollection is full of happy episodes, which are as touching as the film itself, and it is easy to understand that the movie means a lot to them. She also remembers her funny tall tales she made before Spielberg at the audition for "ET," and nervous feelings at her appearance on TV "Saturday Night Live" as a host. Other co-workers too appear in her book (one of them is Stephen King), and it is interesting to read those pages.
"Little Girl Lost" consists two narratives: Drew's own voice written (or probably recorded) in the first-person narrative, and contributor Todd Golds's third-person commentary explaining the background of her life, which includes comments by people around her including Jaid, Drew's mother. Both tell her life one after the other, so the book succeeds in not giving one-sided view on things around her. The book is written well-balanced, and also gives a brief and comprehensive history of famous Barrymore family (of course, you knew she belongs to the legendary Barrymores? If not, it's time.)
There are so many thing I want to talk, but about the rest, you buy the book and read it. The book is readable, and her very realistic account of her wild days, I confess, is gripping and absorbing. Some people say it is sad, and they are right. But she made it; she survived; and after knowing how she did it, you come to like her all the more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drew Barrymore's Crazy Childhood, Feb. 10 2002
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
When I first read her book "Little Girl Lost" in January 2000 when I was only 14 years old at this time I became hooked up to it which it leaded me to start smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. I looked up to Drew Barrymore so much. I always wanted to try marijuana for a long time but I really never tried it yet. I always thought about trying cocaine but I'm sure I'm not going to try cocaine. Period. I can't believe that Drew's story really changed my life because I became an alcoholic for 3 years now. I see that Drew Barrymore had bloomed into womanhood at the age of 12 when she just started doing cocaine because she hated her bra size, a 34-DD. She must gained a lot of weight by smoking marijuana and I'm really thin and wanted to gain some more weight by start to smoke marijuana but I don't know if I can get some and gain weight! Please...I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm living Drew's life expect I never have been going to late-night parties or late-night clubs before. I understood that Drew Barrymore was a club-hopper at age 10.I wish I'd go to clubs but I don't have any clubs in my town. If I lived in a big city I should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly the best book i've ever read!, Nov. 14 1998
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was the most amazing book i've ever read! i never read books but this one definatly kept me interested. Ever since i read it Drew has definatly been my idole for getting out of the crap that she was in. I am 15 years old and i just finnished reading it about a month ago. All my friends do drugs but not i b/c i know what kind of stuff it can me into and i don't want the same things that happend to Drew happen to me as well. She's my hero for learning from her mistakes and dealing with then even though it hurt her. She's my hero for telling her father that she's not going to send him any more money. She's my hero for learning so much about life at one time and handleing it so well. She's my hero for being herself. She feels like a sister to me now because i feel that after reading that book somehow we bacame closer, even though i've never met her before. I think i feel like she's told me one of her big secrets or something. I definatly look up to her now and i love her for who she is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly the best book i've ever read!, Nov. 14 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE MONEY. 22nd april 2004., April 22 2004
Kathryn Pointon "Kat" (Staffordshire(England)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is well worth reading, it tells you all about the young drew barrymore and drewbie fans will especcially love it[like me]. But be aware that there is odd pages of swear words that i didn't know about until i bought it. I have read all of the happily ever after book by drew barrymore,and that as also got the f word in too. But anyway the books might have swearing in them, but they are well worth the money if you are interested in drew b stuff. They similar in a way, but both books tell you different things in them even though there are a couple of lines similar in both. Can't say that they carry on, haven't read all of the little girl lost yet but so far it is brill! where i have got up to is where she is still young don't know whether it tells you about her when she was older even so she made the book when she was older than 6. Or maybe it goes back to when she was a kid telling you about her but really she is older. A FABULOUS BOOK!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for..., June 1 2000
whitney (Illnois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
Being an 8th grader we are faced with many projects. One of them was "read a biography and do a presentation on it." I was worried but I hiked it over to the mall looking specifically for a book on Annette Funicello. No luck but as I was scanning the shelves I found "Little Girl Lost" and snatched it up. I was frustrated and it was the first thing I saw. But as I was walking through the mall reading it I couldn't put it down. And I didn't until I got home. The way they lay out her life and speak the total truth was amazing to me. I didn't know half of the stuff that I read in that book. Then I was faced with preparing the project. I was doing a collage and for a shape I chose 12 steps. It brought up a lot of questions in the class which I gladly explained. I am glad I read such an excellent book and walked away from it with a sense of actually knowing something about the wonderful actress I loved in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars (...) This Book Rox!, Nov. 27 2003
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
For 2 years I've searched far and wide for this book, because I love Drew Barrymore and wanted to read about this awful time in her life. Being a teenager myself, I like to hear about other people's struggles with drugs, booze, dating, etc. This seemed like a book that would really suit my tastes. And (...)was I right. Drew's detailed description of her struggle in the spotlight was both touching and eye-opening. Hearing about her earlier experiences help to explain some of her questionable actions these days. For example, she tells of her uncontrollable need for love from male figures because her father abandon her. That helps to explain her blink-and-you-miss-em marriages.
I would totally reccomend this book to any teenager considering trying drugs or alchohol, because after reading about her problems, I'm in no hurry to repeat her actions. I commend Drew for sharing her experiences with todays teens. It's quite inspiring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drew Barrymore, an enlightening experience, Dec 30 1999
This review is from: Little Girl Lost (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is absolutely amazing. Drew Barrymore takes readers through a very difficult time in her life. She describes her addictions with such force and honesty that you can't help but feel what she's going through. Throughout the book you feel her emotions as you read them, so that while she learns from her mistakes, you learn from them as well. I really appreciate that she never made excuses for her behavior at all throughout the book, she just showed what she did and how she learned from it. Drew shows such strength throughout the book and such wisdom, that at times it's hard to think that she was only about thirteen or fourteen while she was writting it. She makes a great contribution to society in writting this book, because she shows you the non-glamorous side of drugs, which makes you realize how horrible they actually are. This is a great book that I highly recommend.

Little Girl Lost
Little Girl Lost by Drew Barrymore (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 1 1991)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.81