5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome
Just started to read books from this author, and so far I love her books and can't wait to read more.
Published 2 months ago by debrah clease

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking the Garwood Magic.
I have read and loved most of Ms. Garwood's books and this is the first that I've read that disappointed me. This is not one of her best and if it is the first Garwood romance you are reading, don't give up on her. Julie Garwood writes romance like no one can, but "Gentle Warrior" is missing all those wonderful elements we've come to love--a fiercely...
Published on May 28 2003 by Rasee Govindani

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is heart-warming and made me a fan of her!, Feb. 18 1999
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell in love with Baron Geoffrey William Berkley, and I absolutely loved this book. Julie Garwood has become one of my favorite romance authors. I encourage people to read this book because it is truly worth it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous!, Feb. 8 1999
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I am writing a review simply because none appear here. This, I believe, is due to the fact that anyone who knows the name Julie Garwood, knows she writes fabulous books. This one is like all her other great books, i.e., THE BRIDE, THE PRIZE, CASTLES, etc. -- an interesting historical combined with a wonderful love story. Garwood's books make you feel good and you will not be disappointed in this story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Aye, I got tired of the dialogue!!, March 3 1998
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I liked the characters and the story well enough, but at times I laughed just from the words used. I have liked all of her other books that I have read far more than this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run Away from this book, Aug. 17 2003
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I usually like Julie Garwood books but this one was absolutely horrid. The writing is stiff and formal and the characters never really warm up. Unlike her others books I didn't feel like the characters had a connection or that I was connected to them. This was one of the first books she published and is therefore explainable but still I was shocked at the absurd storyline and coarse dialogue. I can recommend Julie Garwood's other books but this one should just drift away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Wonderful!, May 27 2003
S. K. Leggate "Sunni" (Fernley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the first of Ms. Garwood's Novels that I have read, but I am a new fan and it won't be the last. I was moved by Garwood's ability to show her hero as a strong warrior, but to also paint her Heroine as a warrior as well. Elizabeth is strong willed, and determined. I also found it a blessing that Ms. Garwood lets her characters be truer to life. To see a couple who are willing to fight publically and shout is rare in a novel of this time perior, but I h ave no doubt that it happened, even if rarely.
There was a great number of ocassions where teasing and humor is present in the book making this one very enjoyable. The love scenes are tactful, and well written. The reader can tell that there si lvoe and passion there, and that neither character is shy, but the reader won't spend the entire time blushing.
This is a wonderful novel that is a sure page turner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gentle Warrior
Gentle Warrior by Julie Garwood (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 1 1990)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49