5.0 out of 5 stars Garwood's USUAL style... As always, SHE DELIVERS!
I've read all of Julie Garwood's historical romance novels and I think she's awesome. She is one of my top 3 favs authors and reading Gentle Warrior reminded me of why. Her characters are always three-dimensional, well portrayed and well represented. Her plots are often complex, exciting and well executed. Her Dialogues are witty and humorous. The hero/heroine's...
Published on Oct. 2 2001 by Abbys

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking the Garwood Magic.
I have read and loved most of Ms. Garwood's books and this is the first that I've read that disappointed me. This is not one of her best and if it is the first Garwood romance you are reading, don't give up on her. Julie Garwood writes romance like no one can, but "Gentle Warrior" is missing all those wonderful elements we've come to love--a fiercely...
Published on May 28 2003 by Rasee Govindani

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR TIME!, April 21 1999
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was boring. I mean, the character discriptions were poor and it was just plain LAME-O!

1.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR MONEY!, July 12 1999
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY STUPID! THE CHARACTERS ARE BORING AND THE HERO IS TOO ARROGANT BY HALF.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, Aug. 8 2001
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read every Garwood book and this one was great! All of her books are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Wonderful!, May 27 2003
S. K. Leggate "Sunni" (Fernley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the first of Ms. Garwood's Novels that I have read, but I am a new fan and it won't be the last. I was moved by Garwood's ability to show her hero as a strong warrior, but to also paint her Heroine as a warrior as well. Elizabeth is strong willed, and determined. I also found it a blessing that Ms. Garwood lets her characters be truer to life. To see a couple who are willing to fight publically and shout is rare in a novel of this time perior, but I h ave no doubt that it happened, even if rarely.
There was a great number of ocassions where teasing and humor is present in the book making this one very enjoyable. The love scenes are tactful, and well written. The reader can tell that there si lvoe and passion there, and that neither character is shy, but the reader won't spend the entire time blushing.
This is a wonderful novel that is a sure page turner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run Away from this book, Aug. 17 2003
This review is from: Gentle Warrior (Mass Market Paperback)
I usually like Julie Garwood books but this one was absolutely horrid. The writing is stiff and formal and the characters never really warm up. Unlike her others books I didn't feel like the characters had a connection or that I was connected to them. This was one of the first books she published and is therefore explainable but still I was shocked at the absurd storyline and coarse dialogue. I can recommend Julie Garwood's other books but this one should just drift away.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gentle Warrior
Gentle Warrior by Julie Garwood (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 1 1990)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 8.99