Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on July 29, 2003
As a precurser, I don't read romance novels frequently, but my summer jobs practically dictates that I have an easy read to pick up when work slows. I have found that romance novels are often terrible, but I really enjoyed "Highland Velvet": It made work more bearable.
I managed to finsh "Velvet Promise;" it was a decent read, nothing special. I read "Highland Velvet" out of curiosity, and I have to say I am VERY glad I did. The characters have chemistry, and the setting/historical background held my interest. Also, I think most heros in romance novels are quite silly, but I actually loved Stephen: Deveraux mananges to make him silly, sweet, cute, and sexy.
I tried to read both "Velvet Song" and "Velvet Angel," but they were huge disappointments compared to "Highland Velvet" and I couldn't finish them. I don't suggest that anyone else read them either, but I see they've gotten favorable reviews so feel free to ignore my opinion.
Happy Reading!
on February 25, 1998
I enjoyed this book but not nearly as much as "The Velvet Promise." I know it's a romance novel, but it was hard for me to really believe that one of the Montgomery men could so quickly and completely change. I did enjoy it, though, and am eager to read about the next brother.
on March 9, 2002
I loved this book! Some may not agree with the strong main character Bronwyn, but I loved her. She had her ideas of how her life would be led and she stuck to them.