5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Principles, outstanding succe$$
Published on March 4 2000 by Theresa & Mike Brennan

3.0 out of 5 stars Religious
Some good advice... but too "religious"... seek more practical advice.
Published on March 21 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Principles, outstanding succe$$, March 4 2000
This review is from: Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude (Mass Market Paperback)
I have been a fan of Hill's since reading Think and Grow Rich over 15 years ago.When I ask successful people the books that shaped their life, Think & Grow Rich is always mentioned first. Success through a positive Mental Attitude is also mentioned.The mind books definitely enhance your success and SUCCESS THROUGH A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE IS ONE OF THE VERY BEST.I also recommend Financial Self Defense and More Wealth without Risk. These books are to personal finance what Hill's books are to personal development.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing novel, May 5 2004
Evan Wearne (Silver Spring, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Perhaps the greatest novel I have ever read. Who is the most important person in the world to you? You are. I determine how I react to every situation. I determine if I view problems as oppurtunities. It is up to each individual to make every occasion a great occasion. This book is awesome, and is probably the best motivational book I have read. The best self motivator I know, "God is always a good God." My next favorite self motivator is "Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe, the human mind can achieve with a positive mental attitude."
I love reading the stories of other people who made a positive mental attitude work for them. I have also found that action does over rule emotion. The Do It Now section was also good. Instead of putting things off, I Do It Now. I plan on reading this book again, but until I do I always remember that I control whether a situation is good or bad. This is the most influential book I have read, and I recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can concieve it and believe it, you can achieve it, Jan. 30 2004
By A Customer
"Whatever the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve." True, oh so true words as stated by Napolean Hill in Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude a great sequel to Think and Grow Rich. Many people feel that Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude is even better than Think and Grow Rich.I believe you need both.Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude has positvely influenced the lives of many high powered people.Dr. Denis Waitly credits this book as helping him move from an also ran to a front runner and arguably, oneof the best trainers in the business.Rev. Robert Schuller rates Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude as one of the top 10 book he has ever read.Co-written by Napolean Hill and Clement Stone, Success Through A Positve Mental Attitude is actually 5 parts, 22 chapters and over 300 pages of powerful information.Referring to Stone and Hill, Norman Vicent Peale states; "These two men have the rare gift of inspiring and helping people...In fact, I owe them both a personal debt of gratitude for the helpful guidance I have recieved from their writings."Success Through A Positive Mental Attitde made a profound difference in my life and will in yours as well. Get this book and use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PMA and proactive thinking will bring you success!, April 22 2001
Randy Gilbert "Best Seller Mentor" (founder of 'BestSellerMentoring.com') - See all my reviews
This book shows the absolute validity of Napoleon Hill's classic success book "Think and Grow Rich." W. Clement Stone seems to have put all of what Hill wrote about, which made him successful beyond belief.
Napoleon Hill's books have been a treasured part of my library. I've recommended this one to others countless times. I consider Napoleon Hill to be one of the earliest "proactive thinkers" in the world. As the father of the science of personal achievement, he has been one of my success mentors.
If you haven't read this book before, get ready for profound wisdom. Napoleon Hill makes it easy to understand that our thoughts are things and have God given powers, far beyond what is commonly taught by others. I can tell you from my own astonishing situations experiences that, your success really is most definitely determined by what and how you think and having a positive mental attitude is key.
You will find that this exciting book becomes a part of you. Don't hold back - let it happen. In fact, you should spend 10 to 15 minutes every morning focusing your thoughts on the truths of this book, thereby allowing them to seep deep into your subconscious mind. If you do this I guarantee this wisdom will most assuredly bring you the success and abundance you deserve.
Enjoy the book and your new proactive success life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book in addition to Think & Grow Rich, June 16 2004
I have a library of many of Napolean Hill's books. Think & Grow Rich is my favorite. Law of Success is my second favorite and this one is next.
What I liked about this book is the addition of comments by Clement Stone along with Hill's prowess. Interesting, Stone credits Napolean Hill's philosophy for helping him amass his huge fortune.
At first glance, Success Through a PMA may appear to be just another version of Think & Grow Rich. There are some similiarities, but plenty of differences to make this book a worthwhile read.
When I first got into network marketing in the 70's, I met a guy who made over $2 million in 18 months (in 1970 $$$!!!) and credits this book along with the right opportunity as being his secret to success.
Since following Hill's advice in this and Think and Grow Rich, I have achieved success far greater than I could have otherwise.
Great book in addition to Think & Grow Rich.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Strategies -- PMA & PPNT, Dec 13 2002
By A Customer
Napoleon Hill is the founding master of PMA = Positive Mental Attitude. His book is a truly inspirational classic that can be enthusiastically recommended to anyone who wants to improve her or his mental attitude and thinking style. This book is both insightful and practical. Cognitive psychology does, of course, have some new updates that can be added to Hill's classic PMA formulation. For example, the cognitive strategy or thinking style of 'constructive pessimism' is explained in Dr. Norem's book The Positive Power of Negative Thinking (PPNT) which is a recent psychology update of the Norman Vincent Peale classic about Positive Thinking. Not every strategy works equally well for every individual. Only one thing is certain -- it is a good thing to work on improving one's mental attitude and thinking style. I recommend PMA !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but goodie, Oct. 26 1999
By A Customer
I've tried the stuff and it works very well. The book isn't very well organized, but there are some great illustrations in there of true stories of how people applied certain practical techniques and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. The book is very inspiring. If you've got a difficult or challenging task ahead of you that is likely to have a good deal of disappointments and setbacks, this is a good book to have around. It's not only inspiring, but contains practical, helpful, concrete methods you can use to become more positive and persistent.
A good springboard off this book would be Self-Help Stuff That Works by Adam Khan (Youme Works; ISBN: 0962465674). More great methods and principles and written for todays climate!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real keeper!, Nov. 24 2003
This book really drives home Napoleon Hill's work on success. As an author and lecturer in this field, I have always considered Hill's material to be of enormous value and him to personally be a tremendous inspiration. I have no doubt that if you want to be a success in life your attitude is paramount; this book offers you wonderful insights that will guide you and your actions for years to come. Highly recommended!
Reviewed by: James L. Clark, MBA, MSc., PhD Candidate (Leadership) is a serial entrepreneur, lecturer, and consultant. He is the author of the book Wading Through the Crap: How to Start Living the Successful Life You Have Always Wanted (ISBN 0972697551) that has received rave review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Next to the Bible...read this book., July 14 2001
D. Pequeno (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Of all the books Mr Hill wrote, he considers this one his greatest achievement. I discovered this book 12 years ago by accident and I have found it invaluable all these years. Next to the Bible this is a must read! The "Introduction" impressed me when I read about who Mr Hill was and his accomplishments. I also came to a much greater appreciation of Bible teachings. My friends that have also read this book and I encourage you to learn from Mr Hill on how to better deal with life's challenges so that you can act successfully in this sometimes negative world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Next to the Bible...read this book., July 14 2001
D. Pequeno (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude by W. Stone (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 28 1991)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01