biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 21, 2002
I completely agree with AK from Moscow regarding this book. Now I have only the 1st edition, but unless *major* changes were made, I would expect similar results.
If you are completely new to programming or completely new to programming in GNU/Linux, or if you are interested in writing somewhat trivial programs for only yourself, then this book may be of help. I would not recommend it for experienced programmers. As AK said, Linux Application Development by Johnson and Troan is significantly better. The WROX book is also better. Both of these books are much more well written than Linux Unleashed, by which I mean independent of the material. Stronger editing should have been applied here. It does cover a lot of topics, but so does my dictionary.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse