5.0 out of 5 stars Ease of understanding, May 28 2009
Jean Jodoin "SilverBack49" (Calgary, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) (Paperback)
This book is written in a style that allows for ease of understanding. The contents are detailed enough to address most needs (not all) and provide code example throughout. Particularly appreciated is the detailed index which facilitates finding the appropriate section of the book when dealing with a specific issue.

I am ny PHP/MySQL expert but this reference book is what I needed to start learning about both these products. I expect to have to move to more detailed manuals if and when I encounter advanced issues, but this was expected from the get go.

Recommended for the beginner to intermediate programmer in this field.

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful book, Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) (Paperback)
I have a java background and this book is really changing my view about php. Explains topics in details over a real world project.
I recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, June 21 2012
This review is from: PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) (Paperback)
This book has everything you need to know about PHP and MySql. With this book and some work on your part, you are well on your way to being an well trained PHP/MySql programmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars PHP and MySQL Web Development (Paperback), May 11 2012
Chris (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) (Paperback)
I am an absolute beginner in php and I've attempted to learn from other books what php is all about, but failed. All previous books make a vast amount of assumptions of what you know, and don't give you any hands on practice, but only php codes that make no sense to a beginner.

I have completed the first 2 chapters and I am amazed. If the rest of the book is as good, I give it 5-star+. Just from the first two chapters I know how to convert a static form to dynamic using php.

PS I only have some html and css knowledge, and I've taken a MySQL course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginner dynamic web develolpers, Oct. 19 2010
This review is from: PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) (Paperback)
This book does a great job of introducing novice dynamic website developers to the world of php and mysql. It starts at zero and brings you up to speed at a good pace, while covering all of the basics. It even discusses Ajax and Web 2.0, so that the reader understands how to get from php and mysql to the smooth web applications that we have come to expect.

PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition)
PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition) by Laura Thomson (Paperback - Oct. 1 2008)
CDN$ 57.99 CDN$ 36.36