biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 16, 2016
Excellent
on December 27, 2015
Ever since I bought this book, my love for php alone has grown because of how awesome this book is. Well detailed and able to find real world solutions within its pages. No doubt this is one of the best if not the best I've read on php and MySQL.
review image
on September 6, 2015
It's a good overview of PHP and MySQL. The code examples are rife with errors however. In a way debugging the code improved my skill with PHP. But in another way, it was very annoying.
on December 17, 2014
Best book on php and mysql period. If you are going to only own one PHP book (to learn or use as reference) this is the one.
on January 10, 2013
I have a java background and this book is really changing my view about php. Explains topics in details over a real world project.
I recomend it.
on June 21, 2012
This book has everything you need to know about PHP and MySql. With this book and some work on your part, you are well on your way to being an well trained PHP/MySql programmer.
on May 11, 2012
I am an absolute beginner in php and I've attempted to learn from other books what php is all about, but failed. All previous books make a vast amount of assumptions of what you know, and don't give you any hands on practice, but only php codes that make no sense to a beginner.

I have completed the first 2 chapters and I am amazed. If the rest of the book is as good, I give it 5-star+. Just from the first two chapters I know how to convert a static form to dynamic using php.

PS I only have some html and css knowledge, and I've taken a MySQL course.
on October 19, 2010
This book does a great job of introducing novice dynamic website developers to the world of php and mysql. It starts at zero and brings you up to speed at a good pace, while covering all of the basics. It even discusses Ajax and Web 2.0, so that the reader understands how to get from php and mysql to the smooth web applications that we have come to expect.
on May 28, 2009
This book is written in a style that allows for ease of understanding. The contents are detailed enough to address most needs (not all) and provide code example throughout. Particularly appreciated is the detailed index which facilitates finding the appropriate section of the book when dealing with a specific issue.

I am ny PHP/MySQL expert but this reference book is what I needed to start learning about both these products. I expect to have to move to more detailed manuals if and when I encounter advanced issues, but this was expected from the get go.

Recommended for the beginner to intermediate programmer in this field.