biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 20, 2001
I enjoyed the first couple of chapters of this book immensely but got lost at the end. It flows brilliantly in some parts, and is completely confusing in others. Honestly I did not know what to make of the book.
on August 5, 1998
The book is a allegorical polemic, done in great style. It has flashes of brilliance and very clever passages. But ultimately, it fails to transcend the contortions of its plot to great, universal literature.
on July 29, 1999
There is little else to say. Rushdie provides a mystical portrait of independence. Make sure to read a book covering the history of India to gain a deeper understanding of this ever evolving land.
on July 13, 2001
Amazing book. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to India or visiting it. It provides a rich literary experience and adds a touch of "masala" to an ingenious and rare story.
on January 9, 2002
I could go on for a long time about this book. I have read a lot of books but this one is probaly the best post war book, and for sure on of the best books ever written.
on August 31, 1999
This incredible book was certainly one of the best books I have ever read. It was my first book by Rushdie. I definitly plan on reading all of his other books!
on January 4, 2013
I read this over an extended period of time and enjoyed every word and tale written. Rushdie's descriptions are brilliant and his stories are very funny.
on September 4, 2014
This was a very stimulating read. I found myself very energized while reading it , and thoroughly enjoyed reading my first Salman Rushie novel!
on August 15, 1999
Brims with invention on every page. Recommended to anyone interested in fiction. Buy it in hardcover it is a novel you will want to re-read.
on June 25, 2015
This book was a gift and he cannot take his eyes off of it, it came in perfect shape and it's a great book ! Worth the purchase !