biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 10, 2007
This is the first book of John Irving that I have read and I have been truly enjoying it. I looked at the size of the book and hesitated starting it but once I got into it I got hooked.

I think that the story can relate better to guys and those that enjoy trips into peoples darker (real) side exposing who they are and why. The author writes in a manner that I am enjoying and I like how he tells the story twice; once as remembered by a four year old (as it happens) and the second time as the adult speaking to those involved. He finds out that reality was not what he was told and remembers.

It is obviously a story that you either love or hate as displayed by the reviews; I am on the side of loving it and encourage you to see for yourself. I will be reading other John Irving books as a result of Until I Find You.
on August 9, 2005
John Irving's newest offering - UNTIL I FIND YOU - is a somewhat of a surprise gift. It's highly anticipated and the result with anything so highly anticipated is either total joy or total disappointment. I personal loved every bitter word of the sad story. It truly is on the same level with MY FRACTURED LIFE - the same disection of the abuse that fosters the narcasist personality that can sturggles to survive in any world but the shallow hollow world of Hollywood; yet in that world thrives in sad glory. In that light, this book shines with a brilliance few other authors come close to. Those who shy from such sad and brital brilliance will be terribly disappointed, of course. But those who adore it and thrive on its dark flavor will embrace UNTIL I FIND YOU with the same passion.
on December 19, 2012
You need to be an avid reader to get through this 800 page book. I wondered why it had to be so long, but this story takes us to other parts of the world and gave me a better understanding of why people get tatoos.
I laughed, cried, enjoyed reading and then cried some more at the end. Don't be in a hurry to get through this one. I'll re-read it as I tend to speed read and skim over parts. This is the third J. Irving book I've read since September and I loved every one.
C.Leeman
on August 8, 2005
"UNTIL I FIND YOU" is extremely graphic. It details the emotional abuse of a boy by his misguided mother and the sexual abuse from other girls as the result of his mother's neglect. The end result is a man lost in the glitz of Hollywood. Although it lacks some of the same dark humor, fans of the contemporary classic "MY FRACTURED LIFE" will be equally impressed with "UNTIL I FIND YOU".
on July 19, 2005
I like contemporary life novels with a real human feel and this ticked the boxes even if I needed a lot of coffee breaks at times.Very moving
Also try: A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby; You Are Here - Steve Horsfall