4.0 out of 5 stars The fine banana and the bruise
Gave this book the same rating as its prequel. What I liked in Angel Time - the supernatural, the Mission Inn, the cliffhanger ending -is what I liked in Of Love and Evil. What I didn't like was how Rice demonstrated how dismissive she apparently is of other religions using the scenes with Toby and Ankanoc. That opinion should have been left out of the book.
Published on Jan. 6 2011 by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage
Published on Feb. 25 2011 by justme

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, Feb. 25 2011
This review is from: Of Love and Evil (Hardcover)
Don't waste your money on the Songs of the Seraphim books! I've never written a review on here (except for just now on Angel Time), but these books are so bad I had to say something. Shallow and boring. This and Book One (Angel Time) are the worst Anne Rice novels I've read. I only read this second one because I ordered it at the same time as the first and felt obligated to make use of my money. I liked the Vampire Chronicles back in the day and some more recent novels and am not commenting on Rice's change in subject matter specifically. My complaint is not with the switch to her praise of the lord, but that she couldn't even make it remotely interesting in these two novels. The subject matter has potential, but she doesn't come close to what the novels could have been. Seems she tossed them off over a weekend and is banking on her name to sell them.

4.0 out of 5 stars The fine banana and the bruise, Jan. 6 2011
Chris (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Love and Evil (Hardcover)

Of Love and Evil
Of Love and Evil by Anne Rice (Hardcover - Nov. 30 2010)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.71